Injury Apocalypse: Roberto Firmino

One match to go until the end of the season!

I really want it to end, because we're so cutthroat with 3rd and 4th right now it's a worry of keeping top 4 even though we've been in it all season. It's fine, though. I believe we'll get CL come next season, I've already got next season's book started and I'm counting on it for a lot, so we can't screw up! After all that's happened, we deserve it more than Arsenal and United. Let's get to it, though.

Roberto Firmino couldn't participate in Liverpool's rout of West Ham because of a persisting muscle injury. This isn't like Can's persisting calf injury, which will forever be with him. Firmino's is from being overworked, or overworking himself. At this time of the season, you start to notice who's participated in a ton of injuries because it's going to be harder to put them on the field than those that were in and out over the course of the season. Seriously, the only injury I remember reporting about him is the groin injury before the first Chelsea match we had this season. Now it's finally catching up to him, so hopefully he gets a few minutes in next week, but not the whole match.

Lucas also had some muscle problems, so he had to be left out for this match. I wouldn't put as much weight on him coming back for the final match as I would Firmino, but it's not as big as you're probably thinking.

Mané is expected to come back to training this week. That doesn't mean that he's coming back in time for the Middlesbrough match, it means that he'll probably be back for training before the pre-season tour.

Henderson . . . well, people are still holding out hope that he'll make a showing. But the way I see it, if he hasn't come back now, he won't make it in time for Middlesbrough. It's tough, but no one wants to rush him. Good luck to him on making that recovery.

That's it and this will probably be the last Injury Apocalypse chapter for the season. Thanks for reading this season and hopefully we'll have less of these next season. Good night/morning!