Injury Apocalypse: Marko Grujic, Ragnar Klavan & More!

Klopp: You injured our players, two of them. There won't be happy faces when we meet again.

If you didn't watch the match, you're lucky. If you didn't hear the match, thank God. Because all it was was watching little mini Funes-Mori tackles and then an actual Funes-Mori tackle. Thanks for nothing Fabergas!! Let's get to it.

Joel Matip, if you haven't heard yet, is progressing from the ankle knock smoothly. Maybe it still bothers him or Klopp is being 100% cautious since Sakho is still injured along with Gomes and Lucas and Can just got here. He should be back by the Arsenal match but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a short showing against Mainz 05 or something.

Nathaniel Clyne has a tight h*mstring (hamstring, if you didn't get the joke). He was only not played just as a precaution so as not to mess with this most infuriating muscle area. So some massages and rest may do him some good to make it a little less tight and he could just as easily be playing against Milan in no time.

Dejan Lovren got hit in the head by Karius, but don't worry, Karius didn't mean it. Hopefully. He seems to have picked up a concussion, but nothing as bad as Marko's. I still wonder if he'll play against Milan because concussions are a serious thing and it's best to get some rest. Though I may just be making it out to be worse than it actually is and he was taken off to give him a breather. 

Ragnar Klavan is lucky not to have needed a stretcher to get off the pitch last night (or early this morning for some). Fabergas had a studs up, two footed challenge that saw him see a straight red and get sent off. Klavan fell down and for a moment, wouldn't get up. Scary, scary stuff. Almost as if Fabergas forgot this was a friendly. Or his team was winning. Or Klavan wasn't doing much. There may be some bruising, he'd be lucky if there was none of that either, but still expect him to see him against AC Milan.

Now to the big stuff. Marko was in a horrible challenge with Traore (kind of think the whole Chelsea team forgot it was a friendly) and Marko went down. And apparently forgot a lot of things. Like, Klopp asking him what his name is and him responding "My name is Bond. Steven Gerrard." That bad. He was dazed, taken off the pitch and now sent to the hospital. It's a bad concussion. Stuff like this could send him out for a few weeks or even longer. Concussions are different for everyone. 

Now, I remember why I don't like playing against Chelsea. Hopefully AC Milan are a lot nicer.