Building A Foundation

This season was a whirlwind, that much we can say. Amazing start with heavy metal football, to barely being able to kick a ball in the winter and finally, remembering how to pick up the points even with stuff chipping around.

My predicted finish at the start of the season: Anything. Above. Eighth. Not even joking. Could be 7th or 6th, just get better.

Middle of the season (short winter break): Top 3! Top 2! Let's win the friggin' league!!

Eventual finish: Holy crap, thank God for Wijnaldum, Coutinho, all of them! We managed 4th!

What does this say?

Well . . . it says that there is definitely something to talk about. Where we went wrong, were we did the best thing possible, all that. So lets start with the awards, because it'd be lame to wait until the end.

These are just about all the goals that were up for goal of the season. I also included a reaction to Emre Can's goal because it was the more amusing to watch. If you think RedmenTV had a better goal reaction, say down in the comments and maybe we'll start a Favourite RedmenTV Reactions award. XD

And Goal of The Season . . . ?

Emre Can's Goal v Watford!

I was honestly surprised, because I thought it'd Hendo's strike v Chelsea, which I thought he deserved a bit more than this strike. Happy for Emre though, it is his all time high scoring season, scoring 5 goals this season compared to his previous highest of 3.

Young Player of the Season Award

To be truly honest, there are only two players that I can think of that will get this. I'm sure they're implying that they'd have to have a bit of first team play to get this, so it's just Ben Woodburn and Trent Alexander-Arnold. Woodburn may get the edge with that record he made this season against Leeds, so I wouldn't be as surprised with this result.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is the winner in the end!

Supporters Club of the Season

I just heard about this one, so I'm not sure what it's about. Maybe most dedicated group of fans? Like, the come to a lot of games, have great banners, really stand up for something?? If you know what it means, I'd appreciate getting to know about it. Sounds like a nice way to give back to the fans that give so much.

Winner of this award is . . . Cyprus Supporters Club!

Staff Recognition Award

Really, I like this one too. Usually, when you think about end of the season awards, you think it's just the men and women that kick the ball around, and then you go home. But it really is an added incentive to get people to really work and to remind them they're just as a part of the first team as anyone else is.

Disability Support Team gets to pick up this award!

Players' Player of the Year

This one could go either way. As fans, we may see it as someone who we think has the most impact on the pitch (big saves or goals, is the captain, just makes the team look better), but I think the guys will have a better thought on who it is. They might take into consideration how many times they've thought of others on the pitch and how good their behind doors vibe is along with the top 3 or 4.