Injury Apocalypse: Gini Wijnaldum

Sorry for not having it up earlier, but I saw the report late last night and didn't want to write something so late. Since it might have sounded really weird.

I know he's not in Liverpool/Holland colours but he's holding up the right amount of fingers. 

Yeah, three players are in doubt coming up to this big clash on Monday, with a few you already know. To be honest, I'm sure you know all of them by now.

First off is the one on the title and picture: Gini. He went off during Holland/Netherlands vs France, a match in which his team lost 1-0, with a hamstring injury. Remember how much that word came up last season? It really sucked . . . But he will be practically out of the Starting XI now and also has a good chance of not being on the bench at all. Poor Gini, but this does give him a time to rest from all the running, assisting and space/play making he has been doing.

Adam Lallana is still not totally recovered from that groin injury against Swansea. At first, he was thought to have a chance though it was later revealed he was not close to be ready for first team play at the time the United match takes place. Now, he's still a big doubt, though not as much as Wijnaldum. Next match after United for Lallana if things go well but it may take a while for Wijnaldum.

Joe Gomez is still injured, disappointingly so. He has been scheduled to come back in mid-October, meaning a few more days or mid-November. Either way, it's all to sad to see an obviously talented person not be able to show this.

Injury list is Wijnaldum, Lallana and Gomez. Think we've got a problem? So do United! I'll only talk of the other teams injury problems in derbies and cup challenges closer to the final or with big teams like Tottenham.

Phil Jones (seriously, who has last seen this guy? I mean, he was the shining star of the United defense and  . . .), Luke Shaw (I could say the same for this guy), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (From Dortmund to United, how the mighty have fallen). The latter of the three does have a chance to play but it's good to see that the weakest part of the United side are getting a tad bit weaker. Thing to note is that the first two aren't really in the side that much. 

I can see the line-up being like this:

I think you all can see it, but I can see us going back to the 4-2-3-1

I think you all can see it, but I can see us going back to the 4-2-3-1. I don't know why I put Klavan there to be honest, but pretend like it's Lovren. Our back 5 will then be the same and the rest is where everything changes. Can usually represents our stability in back because when it was him and Henderson, there weren't many goals conceded when they were on form. And Hendo is. We just don't know about Can yet. Hopefully he can get there. The middle three will be the same and I think Sturridge will be up there, though I can see Klopp putting Origi or Ings depending on how he thinks the match will go. I think Sturridge can do this because with all the chances the five behind him along with a few defenders, he has the ability to bury those chances like it's child's play. 

Ending off on a great note, guess who's England's captain!?

Club and Country in the space of a year! But to be honest, I can't see many that are more capable of that role than Henderson

Club and Country in the space of a year! But to be honest, I can't see many that are more capable of that role than Henderson. As much as people dig on him, after that Costa stare down, his willingness to bounce back after a bad injury and really truly doing so makes me believe in him a whole lot. He does a lot for his teammates and sacrifices a goal he could score for someone else or make a good run for someone else. A one man mega engine. If anyone watching England more than I do thinks otherwise, say so because I'm extremely biased in that I really like Hendo.

That's it for the day! Derby hype chapter will be up hopefully the day before or hours before the match. See you then!