Injury Apocalypse: Adam Lallana & Philippe Coutinho

This is why people don't like international break. Just about the only reason, even!

In the draw to Spain (why though? England were doing very well and then they just lose that lead to draw 2-2. This is why you don't do the mannequin challenge, the center backs don't know when to stop!), Lallana was doing pretty darn good. Was all over the place, being him great, in form self. And then England things happened: he got injured. It's not that bad though, a groin problem is all. But he wasn't with the team on the way to Southampton. That means we're without him for that whole match,  which isn't the best thing ever. It's possible that he could return for the next match, or continue the wait for fitness.

Coutinho's injury isn't as serious. Though he played just about every minute he could for Brazil, it happened to be this way.  He complained of a tight hamstring that ended up with the pictures at the hospital that probably scared a lot of us. But he, unlike Lallana, was pictured with the team as they went to Saint Mary's. If he'll be a substitute or starter, that's up in the air. But we do know for certain that he will be around. And that is the best thing ever. Some reports are still saying that Coutinho is out, which is weird, so I'll keep an eye on that.

Joe Gomez is continuing is fight back to fitness, with Klopp stressing the need to play it safe. He did get about forty minutes in a close doors friendly and did well in Klopp's eyes. Hopefully we'll be seeing him sometime this season. The same goes for Ojo, who had some back problems during pre-season. Hopefully he's on the trajectory toward being match fit before Mané goes to the ACON in the early winter months so we can see his talent again. Even then, if he's not ready, we still have Sturridge! Depth is really playing into our favor right now.

Injury list is just Lallana and Ings at the moment. 

UPDATE: Lallana is expected to be out for two or three games. So he may miss Sunderland as well, along with Leeds and/or Bournemouth. Good luck, Adam!