Injury Apocalypse: Merseyside & General Pain

Haha, I'm starting to hate Everton more and more after every match with them. Few more times and it could get to near United levels. And I'm not even joking here.

Still, trying to act like punks, this still doesn't excuse the S*n for being the true punks here. They deserve to be shut down and forever remembered as a horrible, racist and insensitive  newspaper.

If you didn't know, my parents are Nigerian. So to have those idiots make jokes like that of someone also of Nigerian desendance kinda hits home and it's just rude as hell. Remember, don't buy the S*n, don't go on the website. It's just the right thing to do.

To get on with it, the fact that we had to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday last week for Mané's swelling to go down, it kind of said it all:

Sadio's season is definitely done for.

If you haven't heard yet, he hurt his meniscus (actually tore it due to excessive turning from the fall) and it required surgery. He came out of it totally fine and he vows to come back better.

The thing is, this could affect his ability to jump. It's not a very big concern because this isn't basketball where that's a big part of the game. But Mané has had some headed goals this season that have really helped us out. For him to not be as good in that part of his game could mess with him, but I feel like missing out on PFA Player of the Year could really push him to work as hard as he can to be important to us just as he was this season. He deserved it, but I guess Zlatan helping his team draw so consistently is much more impressive than huge wins and actually integrating himself rather than acting like a god. Anyways . . .

Henderson is now out indefinitely. That doesn't mean his football career is over, it just means that he's out longer than most expected with his heel injury so it's now a day to day monitoring rather than following a normal schedule. Good luck to him.

Lallana, as Klopp has said, has a return date of May 1. His calf injury is, as first thought, pretty bad. So he's still on schedule for his comeback and we've done better than I thought we would without him. Thank Fowler for that.

Ragnar Klavan was out yesterday thanks to a knee injury. I can't remember if something happened in the Stoke match or it was just training knock. Either way, I doubt he'll be playing next match.

Firmino was hardly in training this past week because of fatigue rather than having an actual injury. It really paid off because he seems to be getting back to his best rather than being barely able to keep up.

And Can's not injured, I'm at this point just worried about him. It seems like for the past three or so matches, someone's been out to take him off the pitch. It really scares me whenever he jumps up from the tackle and he's kind of hopping around, but I guess it's a weird form of flattery. He has been doing amazing since Hendo's been out, a lot like Mignolet when he took his spot back from Karius. If those two put in game changing shifts for the rest of the season, I don't see why we can't be in top 4 at the end of the season.