Recipe 3: Food Is Love

Sir Gen's Note:

Dedicates to Yui_Maname and Legit_Hatchu

I publish this chapter early because Lady Rin deserves a day-off. Lady Rin always publish the chapters of our work so it's my turn!

Well, it's her birthday! ^^

Lady Rin, you should deserve a rest today.

Happy birthday, Lady Rin! :)

Anyway, I hope that you will like this chapter, minna-san! Thanks! ^^

Alice's POV:

Phew! That was close! I thought I will be dead in minutes. Good thing that the bystander Alex...who I let him in to have some lunch...rescued me from choking. I feel sorry for scolding me earlier..and so, I decided to make up...

"Umm...Alex...about earlier...sorry if I'm so angry at you. I was just overprotective with myself." I explained to him.

"No, it's fine. I'm already dealing with problems as of this moment..."

As Alex continues to dig in with my dish, his face has grown somber, emphasizing what he had just said. Increasingly concerned about him, I decided to take some action...

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" I kindly asked him. "You know...speaking your problems in front of the dining table will actually benefit you..."

"...sigh...I have a very awful day." Alex replied. "I was thrown out from my job as a frycook, despite doing whatever I can to make cook the most delicious...most ambitious recipes in town...and now, I'm lost...my home is far away from here...I'm not even sure if I'm secured anymore...I don't know if can still have my house...my pet...or even my future, I'm already can't support my siblings for their studies! What should I do?!?!"

Tears fell from Alex's eyes as he quickly finishes my dish out of frustration. I feel his passion...perhaps to be the greatest frycook he could ever imagine...being vanished unexpectedly. That's probably the reason why he is defending that "fast food" thingy when I was arguing with him. And now...when everything seems to be lost...I suddenly snapped an idea. In an attempt to calm his nerves...

"Alex, how about some sweets to calm your nerves?" I fixed my eyeglasses as I told him. "You will never resist this when you tasted it. Hehehe!"

I started to sing a lullaby again while I opened my refrigerator to get all of the remaining eggs in the rack, while retrieving a can of condensed milk in my cupboard. What am I doing, you ask? I'm just doing a serving of leche flan just for him!

And as I separate the egg yolks and mix it with a condensed milk in a bowl to make the mixture...well...promisingly creamy...

"Do you know why I hate fast food? It is because my father died because of it." I explained my side to him. "There is one time that my father is so addicted to it...that it was his only thing that he eats from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Little by little, he becomes frail and fat...and yet he didn't stop from eating...and eating...and eating...until one day, I just saw him die right before my very eyes...a massive heart attack killed my dad, and since then, I began to grudge fast food and vow not to eat those...ugh...disgusting foods again..."