Recipe 80: My Turn

Lady Rin's Note:

Eight chappies to go! :)

This chappie is dedicated to Eastwind21jelly for her contribution to Sir Gen's upcoming work "Something More". No worries, Jelly-chan! Just take it easy about the cover, we'll wait for you.

Also, try to read up to the end, there's something nuts going on between Flonne and Lexi. (Special Mention to AYOMI-KAGAMOSHIKO >3<)

Enjoy! ^^

Road Trip 33
Location: Ozamiz City

Alice Flonne's POV:

After ten minutes, my food truck opens shop again...but this time...my only customers will be Lexi...and his parents. Their orders: just two servings of my chicken inasal.

"Can anyone of you...can you please tell me what happened..so I could at least help you?"

"Yes...certainly." The young lady speaks. "It was ten years ago...Alex's father was a drunk gambler...he didn't care about me or my son...he's grown to be like that...every day...he leaves the house and gone into the betting house for horse races and didn't return to us until late at night...he didn't take our chores for us...he didn't care about Alex...our only child. He didn't always win in his bets and ended up going home so drunk...that every night we're fighting each other. And worse, when he has no money...he bets using all the material things in our house...television, refrigerator, laptop...even every single plate in our food tray...he sell it all just to have money for his stupid bets."

The lady continues her story about Lexi. "Then, one night...he comes home very angry...he lost another round of bets and looking another things to sell...I try to stop him but...he slapped me away...and without thinking...he take Alex...and sold him...in exchange by huge money for bets."

"HUHUHUHU!!!!" Lexi cries hardly...and clings to me in sorrow. "You didn't know that pain that I hide when you dumped me...good thing that police rescued me and was able to study and have a job...and now...you want me to come back to you after all what you did to me?!?! I won't forgive you for this!!!"

"Please...please, son. Give me another chance to live again." Lexi's dad pleas to him in sorrow. "I was imprisoned for five years because of my crime against you...I regret the past...that's why I changed my life for the better...I'm find a new and decent job...I make money without sacrificing everything..."

"So what?!?! You should be stay in prison for much longer!!!"

"Lexi!!!" I stopped my fiance from breaking loose. "Is there something else that would help you reconcile with them?"

But Lexi didn't respond...as he continues to sob...I could see in his eyes that he has no idea what to do...to reconcile them and all...because...because they're his parents...and he still loves them.

"Oh...by the way, your chicken inasal is already been served." I broke the ice when I remembered the orders Lexi's parents put earlier. "Please enjoy it before it gets cold."

Without uttering a single word, the three went to eat my dish. It was an awkward moment because...they didn't have time to look at each other and only focusing on the food that they eat...

"Umm...excuse me, milady. How you know my son for a long time?"

"Huh?" I'm a little bit startled when Lexi's mother asked me after a long commotion, but... "Yes, I met him for a long time. You see, I'm a homemade food chef who travels around the country to pursue my passion for cooking. Your son helped me in regaining my cooking skills...and most importantly...he helped me to reunite with my family that was separated. Alex has done so much great things to me...so you should be proud of him..."