Recipe 51: Melody

Roadtrip Day 15
Status: On cruise from Sorsogon to Northern Samar by San Bernandino Strait

Alice Flonne's POV:

"Carl! I told you not to interfere with someone else you don't know!" I even heard her mother scolding him. "Because of you...ugh! Let's just go to her!"

Oh no! I'm so screwed right now!!!

"Excuse me...are you the one who cooks maruya right now?" A tall and beautiful lady asked me.

"Umm...umm...yes, I'm the one." I stuttered my words out of little fear. "I-I'm sorry that if m-my cooking ca-causes you tr-trouble..."

"Huh? What are you saying...pffft....hehehehe!!!" The lady laughs as my face began to blush. "Well...it's not entirely your fault why some problems have happened in our program just now..."

Not entirely your fault? But that means...even just a bit...I still have something wrong!

"...sniff...sniff..."

"He-hey! Don't cry!" The lady rushes to me and try to calm me down. "Look...if you could just help me in my program...can I feel you better?"

"...sniff...well, okay. Why not?" Quickly, my face's frown turned upside down. "So, what I'm gonna do?"

"Well, you need to participate in a singing competition." The lady simply explains. "Umm...but if you're too shy to do so, that will be fi-"

"I'll do it!" Without any hesitation, I accepted the invitation. "I will do the best that I can! I will win this competition!"

"Hehehe! That's the spirit! By the way, my name is Imee, nice to meet you!"

I shook hands with Imee, and she guided me to the place of the competition. As I enter...I saw so many contestants! If I target to win the competition, I gotta need to beat all of them! And also...since my friends are too sick to see me...I will doing this alone.

"...hnnng....hnnng..."

And then my phone rang again, I picked it up...well, its Kyle again. Perhaps he is worry about my maruya...

Alice: Hello, Kyle?

Kyle: Hi, Alice! How's your selling of maruya?

Alice: Oh...about that, it has been turned to be very....umm...weird.

Kyle: Huh? What do you mean?

Alice: Well, somebody took some of my sweets...then came back with his mother, which is coincidentally a talent manager here in the ship. And because of that, she invited me to go into a singing competition.