Recipe 38: Emergency!

Roadtrip Day 12:
Location: Lucena City, Quezon Province

Alex's POV:

Everybody is singing this relaxing and soothing song, while Flonne is driving us through the streets of Quezon. When we finished selling our foods and staying for the night in Lucena, I'm looking forward for a pretty good nature trail to our next destination in Naga City. Aah...we will be passing into towering boulders and mountains, thick forests that almost nobody lives there, and most of all...its beautiful seaside view where I can see from afar the island of Polilio! Aside from sharp curves and corners, that part of the roadtrip will be surely be memorable!

"Hey, Flonne! Let's have lunch together when we reached the seaside road. For that moment, let's forget about our rivalry...since I'm looking forwards for your tasty and delicious food that you could share with me...okay...Flonne?"

I noticed Flonne's face...she's a little bit sleepy. It seems that she's a bit unwell since this morning...especially when she wobbles as she walks out of the hotel earlier.

"Umm...Flonne...are you okay? Are you sick or something?" I asked her worriedly. "You know that I have a driver's license. If you wish, I can drive this truck for you and take some rest."

My concern grabbed the attention of Danica and Claire so they immediately go behind me and asked.

"Alice, if you're sick, you can leave the steering wheel to Alex." Her best friend Claire also voices her concern.

"Huh?? What are you talking about?? I'm not sick...or something..." With a little hoarse voice, Flonne assures us. "Let me drive this truck, okay? I'm fine...don't worry."

And that's when things start to get...really bad...

"BOOOOM!!!!"

"WAAAAH!!!" Danica and Claire is startled in the explosion-like sound that was happened. I looked to the side mirror and saw...that the front passenger side tire had just exploded.

"Oh...we just get a flat tire." I smiled to the girls to assure the situation. "Don't worry, guys. I'll will handle this."

"No, Alex." Flonne smiled at me and stood up. "I will change the tire...don't you know that...I can change tires faster than you've expec-woah!"

"Flonne!" She's stumbles again...but I caught her in my arms. "Come on, Flonne. You're really sick...just take rest and I'll handle the rest."

"Hehehe...I told you, Alex. I'm fine." Flonne stands up on her own and giggles a bit. "Don't worry. I'll take care of myself outside."

...sigh...well, she's a very strong and courageous girl after all. I have no choice, do I?

"Alright then...it's your choice." The only thing that I could do is to smile. "Just...take care of yourself, okay? I'm very worried about you."

"Hehehe! Okie!"

Alice Flonne's POV:

Okay, I know where the spare tire of this truck is...it's behind the truck...under it. I will just go under it...and pull it out using my very handy wrench...I'm always keeping it on my pocket...well, of course! That's what a driver really needs! Hehehe! Hiyaaa!!!

There! Now the spare tires are out, I can now exchange it with that flat tire in the rim. See, I can finish this job faster than Alex will expect of me! Hehehe-uugh!!!

"...thug....thug...."

Huh? What's happening?! My heart is starting to beat...very slowly...my body...I feel that my body...is very numb right now...I'm beginning to collapse...I...I ca-can't breathe...please help me...please...help...me...

Alex's POV:

"BANG!!! SPLAAAG!!!"

Those sound alarmed me...I don't know why...but I'm feeling so much worry about Flonne...she so sick...but she is doing hard work for all of us. I need to get out to see what going on with he-whaaaaa!!!!!!

"ALICE! ALLLICEEE!!!!!!" I run towards Flonne, who is collapsed on the side of the road. She's having a raging high fever...and gasping for air. I quickly took her back into the truck...much of the horror of Claire and Danica.

"Claire! Danica! Please...please take care of Alice." I panickly pleaded to the girls. "I will change the tires and drive her to the hospital immediately!"

Danica and Claire nods as I quickly go back outside of the truck and quickly use the wrench that Flonne left on the road...remove the screw and nuts...exchange the flat tire with the spare tires...return the nuts into place and quickly go back to the truck to drive it straight to the hospital. Alice! Alice! Hang on!

Claire's POV:

"ALICE! ALLLICE!!! PLEASE DON'T GO!!!"  My emotion broke down. I can't stand to see Alice suffering...she's gasping for air...and she has a very high fever.

"Ca-calm do-down, Cla-Claire." Her voice stuttered as I attended Alice in a mat...putting a wet towel on Alice's head...and taking her temperature in his forearms...her temperature...over 40°C! Oh no!

"Come on! Let's drive!" Alex quickly runs to the steering wheel and shifts gear.

Alex drives the truck quickly to rush Alice into the hospital...it's a good thing that traffic is very light when he speeds up the truck beyond what we used to...

"There!!!" Alex's eyes are very sharp to see the signage that leads to the hospital. He makes a sharp turn as we near the building...

Alex's POV:

"Take Alice to the emergency room, please!"

My emotion overran me when I helped the girls carry Alice into the mobile hospital bed and rush her into the emergency room. She still breathing hardly...if she's keep in doing this...she'll...she'll...no! No! I'm not gonna let this happen!

"Sir! Sir...please let go. She will be on our good hands..."

Doctors and nurses takes over the bed, where Alice is lying, straight into the emergency room door. Unnoticingly, tears fell from my eyes as doctors mercifully puts a oxygen mask into Alice's face...giving her enough air to breathe. I hate seeing my rival...and my Flonne...suffer. Flonne, please come back to me...please don't die...I need you...I...I...I love you...