Recipe 43: Asleep

Roadtrip Day 14:
Destination: Naga City, Camarines Sur
Travel Time: 5 1/2 hours

Claire's POV:

Alex resumes driving the food truck to our next destination, Naga City...and right now, Alice is fast asleep with her head leaning at the window. Well, I guess Alice needs that sleep to regain her resistance after she fought flu two days ago.

 Well, I guess Alice needs that sleep to regain her resistance after she fought flu two days ago

She's so deep asleep that the traffic in Gumaca, Quezon...didn't bother her at all.

"Yaawnn...guys, can you wake me up when we arrive in Naga? Thanks....zzzzz..." That's the only thing that she wants before she began to snore. But somebody's uneasy about it...

"Claire...what am I gonna do?" Alex asked me while he's driving.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well...Flonne really wanted to see the places we are going to pass by...but now she's fast asleep." Alex further explains. "I'm wonder if she wakes up later and remember what she said to me...she will be disappointed."

"Hehehe! That's way too easy! We just need to have Danica's camera and take a picture of places that I know Alice likes the best."

"But Claire...there's a problem." The camera's owner, Danica, step up. "My camera is in Alice's pocket."

"Well, why don't you get it, Danica?"

"Umm...that's the point, Claire." Danica refutes. "I might make Alice angry if I wake her up...you're her best friend so you get it for me."

"...sigh...I don't have a choice, do I? Alright, I'll get it."

"Just be careful, Claire." Alex warned me. "If you make a little touch with the gear...the I might lose a bit of control, okay?"

I simply nodded at him as I slowly cling towards the seat of the sleepy Alice. First, I visibly examine which pocket has Danica's camera in it. Identifying in moments, I carefully shoot my hand unto Alice's pocket and slowly...I slip the camera out of the hole. But just as I completely remove the digicam from her pocket...Alice moved.

"Eeek!" I covered my mouth when I reacted to my best friend's sudden movement...but good thing...that she just turning her side so she can sleep comfortably. Yes! My mission is complete!

"Okay, what should I do next?" Then I asked Alex again.

"Well, take a best picture."

Okay, I quickly understand what Alex means. Besides, I know what kind of places Alice wants to see. So while my best friend is fast asleep, I will do my best so that no sceneries in this nature trail will not be missed!

"Oh! Here it is!"