Recipe 72: Brothers

Road Trip Day 27
Location: a hospital in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley

Alice Flonne's POV:

We are brought to a simple medical room, where Jake lays unconscious. Ever since the operation, the bandage was visibly removed...and he didn't breathe on a ventilator anymore...he's recovering.

I put my beef pares dish on the table, as I sat with Lexi and Kyle beside him. I smiled...I realized that...perhaps...and at least...I brought back the family together...since mom entrusted my older brothers to me. I wonder how mom is faring...wherever she is right now...

"Umm...hello, Jake. It's been awhile since the last time we see each other. I hope that you're recovering now." Then, I began to talk to my brother...assuming that he's listening while asleep. "I would like to say thank you...for saving my life...you decided to take the bullet for me...because you don't wanted to be separated from me. You're truly are my hero...remember the time you protected me from those bullies when I was a kid? You endured all of their punches...you don't let them touch me. Oh! By the way, Jake is here to see you..."

Then I let my older brother Kyle speak for himself...

"Jake...I hope you're hearing me at this moment...I'm here because...I'm worried about you. I know you still have a grudge over me but...you're my brother...I still care about you. I regret the time I punched you...when you brought girls in our house. I didn't intended to do it...it's just my mind darkens...and my emotion bursted...because that's not my brother Jake that I know...you're my bro...who knows what is best for all of us. When mom is still pregnant for Alice...and dad is still alive, you're the one who knows how to cheer things up...you plan games, parties and anything that makes us all cheer up...you even plan with me mom and dad's wedding anniversary! Hehehe! I remember their happy looks on their faces when they saw it...and the best hi fives that we had when our plan succeeded...I just don't know why we ended up like this..."

"As if I care!"

I'm so focused on what Kyle is saying...that I didn't know that Jake's already conscious...and reacting to what his brother said.

"Come on, Jake. You need to make up with Kyle." I intervene with my brothers. "Can you tell me why you hold some bad feelings with Kyle?"

"Hmph! He's the one who ruins my relationship with my girlfriend!!!" While lying in his hospital bed, Jake confesses.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well...he ruins every single date with my girlfriend because...ugh...he suck in doing homework. I mean...you're so smart to do it, why did you need help in algebra? Perhaps you're not good in doing anything!"

"Hey! I'm not ruining your date! When you're going out in that date of yours, why wouldn't you tell so I can leave you alone?!"

"Oh! So here we go again...ow...taking an unsolicited advice from the homewrecker!" Jake then raises his voice as he sat up on his bed.

"Homewrecker?!?! What do you mean homewrecker?!?!"

"Hmm? You don't remember?! Everytime our parents leave the house and entrusted us some household work, you never helped me...instead you ruined my work...you're doing the job exactly the opposite of what I'm telling you to do. So now when they arrive and notice that there are no chores undone, the blame falls on me."

"That's because you're doing it wrong." Kyle refutes. "You actually suck in doing chores and I'm doing what's right for you!"

"RIGHT FOR ME?!?! HOW ABOUT YOU TALK MORE ABOUT IT ON MY FIST?!?!"