Recipe 37: Showdown

Roadtrip Day 11
Location: Santo Tomas National High School, Sto. Tomas, Batangas.

Claire's POV:

"Huh? A competition?"

"Yes, Alex." Alice grins at him as she explains the mechanics. "I will turn up the heat...by putting our competition in front of high school students. Now, we will make sure that one of us will be the favorite among the youth."

"Ha! Don't you know that the youth is my turf?!" Alex puns back at Alice. "I'm already placing bets...that I'm gonna win again this time!"

"Well, I expected that remark...and this is what I'm gonna say to you: whether I'm gonna win or lose, I will do my best to prove to the students of that high school that my cooking is very delicious, very nutritious and very...umm...never mind. I'm gonna beat you, though!"

"Really, it's really on now!!!"

"YEAH! HMPH!!!" Alice and Alex makes a pouted faces and turned their backs unto each other. Well, I get used with this scene...everytime they restart their cooking rivalry, they boasting each other...then when they had enough...they pissed off and turned their backs...somebody will win...either by landslide, default or by cheating...and they will flirt one another...and the cycle goes on and on. But everytime they had this rivalry, something happens very special...I mean they will be somebody will show up that eventually Alice and Alex will help. Let's see who would it be this time...

Alex's POV:

I drove our food truck at the side of the street...in front of a signage that says "Santo Tomas National High School", this is the place Rhizza, the student that Flonne is telling me earlier, is currently studying. It's just moments before breaktime and I'm gonna prepare myself for this...another round with Flonne.

I take out the patties, dipping the chicken to a marinade...then unto my special breading, slice the vegetables into thin sheets, and heating up the stove.

And as for Flonne, she's always prepared! And based from all the ingredients that she took out from the refrigerator, she's gonna cook...wait...she's not cooking the usual menudo?! Hmm...I'm gonna keep a close eye on this!

"RINNNNG!!!"

The afternoon bell has finally sounded...signaling the start of their recess break. We are all bracing ourselves as students come out of the gate towards our food truck for their preferred snacks.

"An order of your burger, please?"

"Can I order an order of fried chicken? That's my favorite food!"

"Wait, are you making lumpia? Can you give me some of those?"

"Whaa!!! I can't believe it, you're making my favorite dish! Oh! Oh! I want three orders of lumpia, please?"

Alice Flonne's POV:

I need to impress the students once in awhile, I'm not gonna let my potential customers go away from me!