Recipe 23: Mountain

Roadtrip Day 5:
Location: Baguio City
Destination: Santiago City, Isabella
Travel Duration: 5 1/2 hours

Alex's POV:

BRRRR!!! I have been experiencing chill in Baguio for two days and two nights...but I still can't used with it.

But...I still need to go up early...four in the morning to be exact...since we are heading for a long ang bumpy ride to our next destination: Santiago City in Isabela.

I go up into the food truck...I saw Flonne humming while attends something in the cooking pot...

"Lalalala....ooh! Hello, Alex!" My girlfriend noticed me and waves her hand. "Have some hot sopas to warm yourself."

"Sure, thanks." I smile at him to accept her offer. "Flonne, you're always up early in the morning."

"Well...that's what I always do! Hehehe!" Flonne giggled as she explains. "Remember, my mother and I always take shifts in cooking breakfasts every time and then."

Flonne then poured out the sopas into a bowl and gives it to me with a smile...

"Oooh! Milky and delicious! I never tasted this kind of sopas before. I know this soup with only macaroni and chicken in a soup that is added with condensed milk. But hey, you added carrots and vegetables to make the soup more delicious...and a boiled egg in between, Flonne, you're a genius! I only thought egg only applies on lugaw."

"Well, do you think I don't have a creative mind?" Flonne winked at me. "A great cook should know that you should use a creative mind to make simple dishes into a lovely and more delicious one. Hehehe!"

"Hello, Alice!" Danica and Claire entered the truck next. "So, are you ready for the long and bumpy ride?"

"Of course, I will! In fact, Alex and I decided to take turns in driving once we reach the stopover in Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya." Flonne then offered bowls of sopas to them. "Here, have some soup to warm you up as well."

"Thanks, Alice!"

My best friends sipped their soups to warm their bodies and prepared ourselves to the long journey through the mountains, wide rivers and vast farmlands.

And for the first leg of our trip, the only thing that we need is a bottle of mineral water, a pack of chips...and a lot of road music!

"Alright, let's go!" Flonne started the engine and shifts gear. She cautiously drive the truck...keeping her eyes pealed on the road...since fog engulfed the city late at night...making the roads wet.

"Woah...the roads wet. There's no rain yesterday, right?" I commented the mysterious slippery road but...

"Umm...Alex, I can't talk properly right now...I have to drive carefully so that we can't bump on something...sorry."