Recipe 30: Finally

Roadtrip Day 7:
Location: Pagudpud, Ilocos Notre

Alice Flonne's POV:

In the midst of the tourist-famous beaches, we're are busy selling our best-tasting dishes! Hehehe!

"Wow, buddy! Your barbeque tastes awesome!" One foreign surfboarding guy tries my classic tangy barbeque recipe

"Wow, buddy! Your barbeque tastes awesome!" One foreign surfboarding guy tries my classic tangy barbeque recipe. "The meat's right roasted to crisp! It's sweet, tangy, delicious and all the ingredients of your marinade....spices, I mean, completes the dish! Nice job, buddy!"

"Hehehe! Thank you!"

Under the heat of the scorching hot sun, tourists, local and foreign, takes a break from swimming and beach goers by stopping by to our food truck and order random foods:

"One order of fried chicken cheese melt, please?"

"I'll have two orders of your sweet barbecue."

"Three orders of fried chicken!"

"I would like have four orders of barbeque for my family, please?"

Alex, Claire, Danica and I are busy attending the customers and cooking up their orders at the same time. And based from my observation, yet again, me and my cooking is leading against Alex's creative but drastic moves to top melted cheese on his fried chicken. Right now, the deal's 3-1! Hehehe!!!!

"...rumble...rumble..." Suddenly, the sky starts to darken with clouds...and thunder begins to roar. Within moments, rain poured out...making the supposed batch of customers chasing away from the truck. Seeing all of this, all that we can do is take a deep sigh...

"Well...that's the very reason why selling foods in beaches will not work in this time of the season." Claire told me.

"I know...hehehe...it's just that there are many tourists here at that moment and I just thought that we can make more money. Huehehe!"

Amidst the continuous downpour of rain, we drove the food truck back into the town center...wondering where we should sell our foods next. Well...as a popular destination town, the streets are just filled with hotels, restaurants, shopping malls and so many others. We're lucky in the previous places that we visit because our customers guided us to some random places where we could make sell our foods and stay overnight. But because of rain...ugh...probably we might find ourselves sleeping in our trucks tonight...

After an hour of wandering through the busy streets of Pagudpud, we found ourselves parking over a small road in downtown. Opposite to the hustle and bustle of the town center, the downtown is quiet, vehicles rarely passes by here, there are few people walking because rain just poured here...and by the way, we stopped in front of a sari-sari store.

And because we have sold an enough amount of money from the beach goers, we decided to take a break in front of a sari-sari store...with the truck's windows remained open...

"Phew...I just noticed...we already reached the northern tip of Luzon..." Danica commented. "It's amazing you know! We have been on the road for a week and we already reached the north!"

"Hehehe! Why you should be proud of that?" Claire giggled like a carefree teen. "What matters is that we make so many people smiled because of our food. Right, Alice?"

"Oh! Hehehe! Yes." I scratched my head in a little embarrassment. "I never expected that we've met so many people...just because I'm only proving that my cooking is better than Alex's fast food and right now...I'm darn winning! Hehehe!"

"Hey! Your wide lead on our deal doesn't mean you won!" Alex joins the conversation. "I remember wide and clear that we must tour the country before we know who one...and we're not even halfway yet!"

"I know, but I'm already sensing my landslide victory from here and out!"

"Ha! I'm not gonna let you win!" Alex and I exchanged grins at each other. "You're lucky today...but next time, I will make sure that nobody will claim victory but me!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh yeah?!"

"Yeah!"

"OH YEAH?!?!"

"YEAH!!!"

"HEHEHE!!! Man, you're such a cute little couple when you fight!" Claire spoiled us with her pun...that leaves us blushing.

"WHAAAT?!?! Ple-please! Sto-stop it. We're not go-gonna work properly if yo-you always pu-pun us. Right, Alex?"

"Ye-yes, Flonne."

But Claire and Danica keeps flirting at us as we take a little break. And as I glare my eyes away...diverting myself from them...I saw a familiar face coming at us...a face that I didn't see for so many years...a decent combed hair...green eyes...and a stature that as tall as me...could that be...my older brother...Kyle?!

"Big brother..." I tried to call his name...but he turned back and run. "Hey! Come back here!"

"ALICE!!!" My quick exit from the food truck alerted my friends so they jumped out and followed me.

I run very fast...just to followed the guy...that I suspected to be Kyle. If he is Kyle...why does he run away from me? I just want to talk to hi-waaaah!!!

"UMPH!!!" I tripped on a random stone and fall to the ground...face flat. Good thing that my glasses didn't broke off but...sniff...that guy...sniff...I can't catch...sniff...with that guy...sniff...I just want to know...sniff...if he is...sniff...my brother...sniff...why...sniff...why did he run away from me...sniff...why...sniff...

"KYYYYLE!!!!!! PLEEEASE...COME BACK!!!"

My scream stopped the guy from running away...turned his face towards me...and run back to check on my condition...

"Hey...are you alright?" Kyle worriedly asked me. "Sorry for what I've done...it's just...ugh...I'm not the one you've used to know before..."

"Don't worry...your faults will never ever change me...from calling you my big brother." I smiled at my older brother as assurance. "I'm gonna ask you once...are you my long lost brother of mine...Kyle Molina?"

"Yes I am, Alice. Congratulations, you found me, my little detective sister!"

And that's when I hugged him very tightly. At long last...I am now starting to bringing back the pieces of my family together...for I have found my second older brother...Kyle Molina. Yaay! I'm excited to introduce my friends, that I bring along to him! Hehehe!