Recipe 29: Move On

Roadtrip Day 6
Location: unknown...but somewhere between Cagayan and Isabela provinces

Alice Flonne's POV:

"Alice! Alex! Can you go out, please?"

We are supposed to give Alex's giniling cheese melt burger to Catherine when Claire called us.

"Why do you called us, Claire?" Alex, holding the plate of his burger, asked my friend.

"Somebody told us that Catherine's parents are being lie in repose in her relative's house in Tuguegarao." Claire replied while patting the child's head. "Catherine knows where it is so we can now start driving."

"Okay then, let's go." Then I turned to my boyfriend...who still holds his burger. "Alex, you can give that burger now to Catherine so she could calm down while we're driving."

Alex complied on my directive and together, we drive our food truck back to the road and into the City of Tuguegarao...our actual next destination. As Catherine guided us for directions, from my front mirror, I noticed her that her mood starts to enlighten while she is eating the burger that she received from Alex.

"Mmm...somebody cooks this like my mom..." Catherine faintly smiled. "Umm...may I ask who made this dish?"

"Well...me." Alex quickly replied.

"Ehehe...I never expect somebody who is a good cook as my mother." Catherine starts to reminisce her past. "She always cooks food whenever I'm down...her dishes keeps our family alive...despite that we never prosper in life. My father is a fisherman...and his sales are not enough to have me sent to school. We're always lucky to eat meat when my mom always gets the best quality every early in the morning..."

Everybody aboard...including me...felt the sadness and nostalgia that Catherine is feeling right now. She came from a simple and decent family...and trying to live despite having less money...and now...she lost her parents forever. She reminded me of my long lost family...sniff...huh?! Why am I crying right now...sniff...it's not a big deal...sniff...right?

"We're here!" Catherine stopped me from crying when she told me that we have arrived in a house beside the road. Like in the riverside earlier, there are also many people gathered in front of the house.

"Kat, is this your other house?"

"Nope, that's my aunt's" Catherine told Danica is I accompany her down the truck and into the house.

When we entered the house, we came across a large terrace, where we have surrounded with seats filled with people...relatives that we didn't know at all...not even Catherine...until we arrived in the front...where two closed caskets aligned side by side.

"Oh! You found her!" Suddenly, a voice in joyous mood. "Phew! I'm so worried about her...I thought she is going nowhere!"

Catherine quickly run towards her...and it turns out is her aunt...just waiting for her...

"Thanks for finding Catherine." The lady bowed down in gratitude. "My name is Charlene...I'm the younger sister of Kat's mother, nice to meet you."

The crew sits down with Charlene and Kat in the front pew. While the little child just keep staring on the caskets...

"Is there anything that I could do for you, mam?"

"No...nothing at all." Charlene quickly replied to me. "But if you wish, you should do something with our guests here. They have been here all day searching for Catherine's parents..."