Recipe 7: Basket

Dedicated to EmacchiDreams

Alice Flonne's POV:

"Hehehe! You're right! But first, we need to buy all the ingredi-waaah!!!!"

"Alice?!?!" Alex was startled by my scream. "What's the problen , Alice? Why are you screaming?!"

"I forgot that I should be shopping today!!!" I shook my head in embarrassment

"Well, you already said that we need to buy ingredients."

"Not like that, moron! I mean my refrigerator is now empty!" I refuted to him. "I don't have any food left. There's nothing to eat tonight!"

"Well...why are you worrying so much about that? " Alex then points to the steering wheel before him. "How about we drive this truck straight to the market?"

"WHAAT?!?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!" I shouted at him in anger. "WE ARE NOT GONNA DRIVE THIS TRUCK OFF THIS HOUSE, OKAY?!?!"

"Come on! We need to drive this truck to see if it still works. We can't go out if this truck will just stay here and rot. Come on...please?"

"...sigh...all right, fine!" Convinced by his short and simple explanation, I finally gave in to his offer. "But...you need to drive this truck to the market!"

"Whaaat?! Bu-but...I not used to driving?!"

"Hey! You said that you need to take this truck on the road! So as a consequence, you need to drive it by yourself!!!"

Alex has no other choice but to seat into the driver seat...gets the key beside him...turns on the ignition...and pulls down the parking brake. He is visibly uneasy and sweating while he shifts the gear and thinks which pedal needs to be pushed. Hmph! He's just making some excuse to escape from the consequence that I gave hi-woaah!!! WAAAH!!! He accelerates the truck too fast! We're gonna crash!!!

"The brake, Alex! THE BRAAAKE!!!"

He immediately pushes the brake pedal...just inches away from hitting the gate...with all of this commotion...I feel a little bit dizzy...

"Alright...I get the point...you can't drive properly...I'll drive this time...okay?"

After recomposing myself...I take over the wheel...and drive the truck out of the house and towards the market. Oh...Alex is right! There is traffic on the main highway...a long and suffocating traffic to be exact...it took more longer than usual...before we arrived at the market...

"Umm...Alex, can you guard our truck for a moment?" I asked him as I leave the vehicle. "I would just buy all the ingredient we need, okay?"

Alex nodded at me as I go into the market. In this place, I am a patron of every vender here...and they know exactly what food do I need!

"Oh! Hello, Alice!" My favorite meat and poultry vendor Kuya Chris greeted me. "So...what's your business, my little friend?"

"Well...the usual pork cuts...I need all of your finest and high quality pork cuts: Kasim, porkchop, tenderloin, leg cuts, and pork belly...five kilos each. Oh wait! Can you add two kilos each of chicken breasts, drumstick and wings? "

"Woah! That's more than the usual, huh? Hehehe!" Chris is astonished by my orders. "Tell me, Alice. Why do you need so many?"

"Well...I'm starting a food truck business with my friend, so I need much more pork to make new recipes for my prospect customers."

"Wow! You're growing up so fast! Hehehe!" Then, Chris gave me what I wanted. "Umm...are you sure you can handle this...heavy load?"

"Well, of course!" I make a smile of assurance at him. "You told me that I'm grown up so...I can do this!"