Recipe 27: Detour

Roadtrip Day 6:
Location: unknown...but somewhere between Cagayan and Isabela provinces

Alice Flonne's POV:

"YAAAY!!! RESCUERS!!!"

A group of rescuers has cut off the entire uprooted tree that preventing us from going to Tuguegarao City, from the branches up to the big trunk, as well as cleaning up the road from the remaining debris of the tree. When it was done, they signaled me to go on to our destination.

"Thanks, sirs!" The only thing that I did for the hardworking rescuers.

As we continue on with our roadtrip, we saw debris of galvanized roofs, random sizes of wood, and any other household things lying acroos...or at the side of the road. We experienced inconveniences as several trees incapacitated roads...making it mostly...a one-way lane.

But the most significant of the scene...is that...so many people lining up into the streets...begging for food...more than I ever imagined with the tribe we've met in Santiago. I don't know why...but something in my heart is telling me...something I didn't do for a long time...or perhaps in my lifetime

"Umm...guys...can we stop first in the middle of the road?" I stopped the food truck and asked my friends. "Can I serve our foods here...for free...just for a day?"

"Flonne, why are you asking that?" Alex smiled at me...along with Danica and Claire. "You're the owner of this truck, so you could decide whatever you want."

"Alright then...but I'm starting my competition again against you! Remember, we're tied apiece!"

"Ha! You're asking for a fight, huh?" Alex punned me. "Well, if you're asking for one, fine! I'll give you one! And this time, I'm gonna win this!"

"Hmph! Let's see about that!"

A certain girl's POV:

I was among the people who walks down the street...searching my parents lost during the typhoon...as well as food that I can it...we tried to stop every passing vehicle just for food but they didn't stop...until a truck...with a peculiar form and design...decided to stop aside...

"THE FOOD IS LOVE! IS NOW OPEN!!!"

I tried to run towards the store...but the group of evacuees suddenly appeared in front of the truck...and was given soups ahead of me.

"Here's your free soup! Thanks for passing by!"

"Get your sopas here! It's free for everyone here!"

"Who wants a free sopas? It's delicious, nutritious and...umm...good for the soul! Hehehe!!!"

The crowd's too many...and too stiff to squeeze in so...losing hope...I just sat down at the edge of the road...slumped down...and cry....why can't I have just a half-bowl of soup?! Why do I need to exclude from the rest?! Huhuhuhu!!!!

"Umm...excuse me...do you want to have this?"

The lovely tone of her voice attracted me to look up...and saw a beautiful lady, wearing glasses...and offers a bowl of sopas to me.

"Sorry if I didn't see you earlier. Come on, eat up."

The big...and glamorous smile on her face...I always admire that smile...just like the smile of my mother...

Mmm!!! It's very delicious! I try a sip of the lady's sopas and it taste so good!!! The creaminess of milk, vegetables and other ingredients and seasonings blend together to make a perfect dish...aah...it feels so refreshing now...

"Hehehe! I think my soup has make you a little bit better." The lady scratched her head.

"Yep! Your sopas surely is refreshing, big sis!"

"Hehehe! Please don't call me that." The lady's face suddenly blushed. "Just call me Alice, okay?"

"Yes, Alice!"

"Say, are you one of the evacuees in this area, right?"

Suddenly...Alice's question...makes me stop from eating her soup...makes me sad...and I start to cry...

"...sniff...sniff..."

"He-hey! Wha-why are you crying? Do I say something wrong to you?!" Alice panicked in my emotion. "I just want to know if you're alright...I'm just concerned about you, that's all."

"Oh...sniff...I'm sorry. It's just...sniff...I'm searching for my parents that are missing this morning." I explains everything to big sis Alice. "Our house not just far away from here...collapsed because of the strong wind...our house collapsed into the river...carrying all of our things...and my parents."

And just as I'm about to cry again, Alice hold my hand and hugged me...

"Do you want to join us? I'll promise you that I will find your parents...."

With her kind and gentle voice, I find hope on her...a hope that my parents are alive...and they are looking for me as well...

"Tee hee...thanks a bunch, Alice." I finally stand up...and smiled brightly at her. "By the way, my name is Catherine. Nice to meet you, Alice! Hehehe!"

Alice Flonne's POV:

I accompanied my litlle child Catherine back to the food truck...hehehe...I'm so excited to introduce her to my friends...

"Guys, can I have a kid aboard the truck?"

"Sure! The load's not to heavy yet! Hehehe!" Claire punned me and laughed. But when I showed her Catherine, her mood changed. "KYAAAA!!! Who's the cuuute little girl behind you?"

"Well, this is Catherine. She needs our help to find her parents that is missing during the storm..."

I invited her to introduce herself to my friends...but since she doesn't knoe Danica...Claire...and my boyfriend Alex...she clings to me and hides in my back.

"Come on, Kat. Don't be shy." I motivate her by making a nickname Kat. "They're my friends, they don't bite! Hehehe!"

Finally, after pulling herself together...she peeks from my back...and slowly she reveals to my friends...and introduces herself...

and introduces herself

"Umm...hello...my name is Catherine Flores. I'm just wanna find my parents...can you...help me?"

"Of course, Kat!" Danica smiles at her and assures our assistance. "We will help you find your parents, whatever the cost!"

That is already enough for Kat...to smile at us and say...

"Thank you...thank you for being considerate to me..."