Recipe 26: Storm

Roadtrip Day 6:
Location: a certain tribal village in Santiago City, Isabela
Destination: Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Travel Duration: 2 1/2 hours

Alice Flonne's POV:

BRRR!!! Why is so cold out here?!?! It feels just like Baguio!

I woke up early in the morning to find out that the wind is a little bit stronger than usual. I don't know why...but I just let it feel through my body...aah...if I getting used of the wind, it's so refreshing.

"Oh...hey, Flonne! You got up early!" Alex comes out from our quarters and asked me.

"Yes, Alex. Hey, do you have any idea why the wind is a somewhat strong today?"

"Don't know. But it's good that there's refreshing air now." Alex replied to me. "Besides, yesterday's weather is sweltering hot."

We wondered across the tribal village...as it is surrounded by trees and grasslands. We have already see some villagers awake at this hour, preparing themselves for a brand new day ahead.

Last night, I was able to gave them a part of our profits so they could buy some food...and at least have an idea to establish any form of small business that they could afford. Well don't worry about us, we still have a LOT of money to cash on! Hehehe!

When everybody is up, I decided to cook some sopas to warm us for a while...well, it's the same old...but delicious and milky recipe that my friends like back when we are just going here in Santiago. I tried my recipe to the tribe and they like it...sort of...

"Hmm...not bad. I can taste milk in every spoon of your dish, from the pasta, to the meat...even the little crunchy vegetables." Isabel commented on my soup. "I like your cooking but...I have a problem...if the village chief sees this, he might be a little uneasy...he's lactose intolerant."

"Oh! Huehehe! My bad!"

The day is up when we started to leave the village in our food truck. All villagers came out to wave their hands and say farewell. Our next destination, Tuguegarao City, is two hours away...but the sun don't show up. In fact, just as when we left Santiago City, it started to rain very hard and the winds blows stronger than earlier this morning. And just to make sure that I will learn what's happening with the local weather....

"Alex, can you turn on the tuner and switch it to a local news station?"

My boyfriend followed what I wanted to do...and there I heard...what's going on...

A super typhoon is expected to make landfall over the Cagayan-Isabela area between 11 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. In the latest weather report, the super typhoon packs winds of 230 kph, with a gustiness that reaches up to 295 kph. Public within Cagayan-Isabela area, which are both under Public Storm Warning Signal No. 5, is strongly urged to stay indoors while the super typhoon pass through the afternoon.