Recipe 87: Food Is Forever

One year later...

Location: Cebu City
Alice Flonne's POV:

"...beep...beep...beep...beep"

I pushed the silence button of the alarm clock... as I was already awake for the past thirty minutes...I stretch out my entire body and get up on the bed to see the rising of the sun. Then I glanced at Lexi...still fast asleep...but...ehehehe...drooling. I said to myself...I never seen him doing that before. Well, I guess I need to control him for drooling...or adapt to his style...since starting today, Alexander "Lexi" Ramos...will be my husband.

It's been a year ever since we ended our life-changing food trip...and there's a lot of things happening around us. My older brother Jake is now dating Azmina...and even secures approval from her father; and so does Claire to Frederico Palompon...the seafood chef from Samar and my only other food critic...she was shy at first...but as the time goes by, they started to get along each other. How about Danica? She serves as the love counsellor of Dr. Gutierrez...she helps him in finding ways to make himself closer to his girlfriend Tin-Tin.

Kuya Kyle, on the other hand, brings mom to his home in Pagudpud and let her enjoy the destinations Ilocos Region can enjoy...while he helps her regain her speech ability after recovering from stroke.

And finally...between me and Lexi...we are helping each other...along with Azmina in managing the restaurant chain that Azmina's father was inherited to us...as compared with earlier...we started to gain more and more profit...we even found ourselves in another round of food rivalry...but this time it is friendly and no feelings have been harmed. Hehehe!

And today will be my first day...of another chapter of my life...as I will marry Alexander "Lexi" Ramos...the person I am grateful of...the one who have changed my life entirely. And I won't regret helping him that very first time that we met...because that begins my lifelong dream...to pursue my passion for cooking...and make my family whole again...

"Lexi! Lexi!"

"...hnngg..." I tried to wake my future husband but he just moans at me.

"Come on, Lexi. Wake up. It will gonna be a great day today."

"....yaaawnn...alright." Lexi stretches his body as well and sat up. "Good morning, cutiepuff!"

"Hehehe! Good morning, sweetpuff!" I giggled and replied back. "How's your sleep, Lexi?"

"Well...pretty comfortable." Lexi replies. "I missed these times being drowsy and sleepy over a very cozy bed in hotels when we had our food trip last year."

"Yeah...not to mention that you're drooling while your sleeping! Hehehe!" Then, I punned him and giggles.

"Whaa!!! Why you!" Then Lexi grins at me and tickles me...

"HEHEHE!!! ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT I'LL STOP! HEHEHE!!! YOU'RE TI-TICKLING ME! HEHEHE!!!"

After taking a bath and eat some breakfast provided last night...oh yeah...the breakfast was so delicious! Some grilled chicken with a tangy sauce composed of soy sauce and vinegar and a little chili...then egg fried rice and a nice cup of coffee.

Anyway, as we just finished taking breakfast, a knock on our hotel suite door was heard...

"Knock! Knock! Knock!"

"Wait! I'm coming!" I came rushing towards the door to open it...and there I saw the gang...Danica, Claire and Azmina...stopping by to start the preparations.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted them all with a big hug!

"Oh, Alice! Great to see you again!" Claire replies to me. "Are you ready for today?"