Recipe 84: The Last Serving

Five chappies to go!

Road Trip Day 36
Location: Bacolod City

Alice Flonne's POV:

"...snuffle...aaah..."

It's five in the morning

It's five in the morning...and I am outside of my food truck...feeling the cool early morning breeze...I reflected to myself...when I was a kid and my father is still alive...we just traveled from my home in Dasmariñas to just as far as Malolos Bulacan in the north...Antipolo in the east...and Biñan in the south...but now...I really come very far...met new friends...learned many experience...and most of all...helped people make turn their frowns upside down...just like Lexi promised me when we met for the first time...

Oh yeah...we didn't plan for our wedding yet...perhaps Lexi wanted me to savor the flavors of life...also just like he said...I wonder what this last day on the road will turn out...I know that my family has brought back together...and gets extended...but there is something I want to know. Oh geez, Alice! Don't think those things right now! You need focus! I must win the cooking rivalry in this last day...and I will do whatever it takes to be-

"Flonne!" Suddenly, somebody pats my shoulder.

"EEEEEK!!!! LEXI!!!" I startled very much that it took few moments before I realized that it was Lexi who is calling me. "You almost gave me a heart attack! Please don't do that!"

"Oh! So-sorry! My bad!" He shook his head in a fit of regret. "I just wondering around the park when I saw you here in our food truck alone. Is there anything that I could help?"

"Oh...it's nothing. Don't worry about it." I smiled at him. "I just recalled how far we traveled in this road trip. I mean I really didn't expect to traveled far and wide...if it wasn't for your help, Lexi."

"Oh, I see." Lexi smiled back at me. "I hope this entire journey has make you happy, sweetie."

"Oh! So you're now calling me sweetie, huh?" I patted his head in reply.

"Of course! Hehehe! After all of this, we're gonna plan our wedding a year after."

"Hmm? Why a year after?" I curiously asked him. "Why not right after today's business?"

"Well, that's because we have so much things we need to do before we push through with the wedding." Lexi simply replies. "There are documents, logistics, the place where will gonna be wed and make a reception and honeymoon. There are so much more to prepare."

"Oh! I see. Hehehe!" I just giggled on what he said. "Okay, let's do those things slowly and carefully. Okay, sweetie?"

"Of course." Lexi replies as he tickles my sides.

"HEHEHE!!! PLE-PLEASE STOP! HEHEHE!!! IT TI-TICKLES!!! HEHEHE!!!"

A couple of hours later...

We spend the couple of hours talking together...about some of our unforgettable moments during the 36-day food trip...the most delicious foods, the toughest customers to please, and of course...our best times together through the thick and thin...the sun is already up when we finished our conversation.

"Hmm...our visitors are not here yet, huh?" I spoke to myself.

"Visitors?"

"Huh? Don't you remember? I called Mr. Palompon and Dr. Gutierrez yesterday to become our guests here in Bacolod." I explained to him. "Their meet-ups with Danica and Claire would be the perfect diversion to our final battle."

"Okay...but how about Azmina?" Lexi follows up. "Your brothers Jake and Kyle returned to Malaybalay to take care of your mother...so she has free will to intervene with us."

"Oh! Don't worry, she will be our attendant for today. I heard once from her that she always wants to be in the front to make some orders."

"Hey! Alice! Alex!"

Then somebody from behind calls us...it was finally Claire, Danica and Azmina running towards us...

"Oh, guys! What's up?" I greeted them all with a smile. "Have you rested well."

"Of course, Alice! Hehehe!" Claire replies and giggles. "Though I still can't take the rough seas that we crossed yesterday."

"Hey, Alex! Why you don't tell us that we will gonna cross the sea yesterday?" Danica then pouts at my fiance. "You're so lucky that you didn't become sick yesterday because you take some precautionary medicines, you cheater!"

"Hey, I didn't cheat!" Lexi refutes. "You should already prepared for yourselves. You know that you're seasick so you sho-oow!!!"

"Sweetie, please stop that." I pinched his arms while making an evil grin at him. "Don't fight with our friends or I'm gonna smack you."

"Oh! Sorry!"

Now with my crew is fired up and ready, and the supplies are already been prepared in the refrigerator...it's now time to open shop...for the last time. Hehehe! I'm gonna miss this!

"THE 'FOOD IS LOVE!' IS NOW OPEN!!!"

Everybody said those words...then looked at each other...and giggled. When I first announced the road trip's end yesterday...I thought that everybody will be shedding a tear because they have so many memories with this truck...but right now...nobody wants to do it...perhaps they accepted it for a long time...or is it?

"Hey, Flonne. How about we return to basics?"

"Hmm? What do you mean, Lexi?" I asked my fiance in curiosity.

"Well...remember our first day? It's just my burgers and fried chicken against your giniling..."

"Nah ah ah! I won't accept that. I'm gonna lose with those conditions!" I refuted at his idea. "How about this...let's settle with the best dishes we've ever created in our food trip and it will be the only dishes that will be included in our menu for today. How's that?"

"Deal!" Lexi quickly agrees with my terms.

But as I begin to think...trying to recall about my best dish that I would offer against Lexi...which will expectedly still prefers on fried chicken, burgers and fries...I saw a couple of boys...wait...those are the couple of handsome boys that I've been waiting all this morning! KYAAAAA!!!!

"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH, GUYS! HERE THEY ARE!!!" My flirting mind just make me spoke those words...much to the blushing face of Danica and Claire. Geez, Alice Flonne! Snap out of it!