Recipe 18: Starting Over

Roadtrip Day 2
Location: San Lorenzo Village, Angeles City, Pampanga

Roadtrip Day 2Location: San Lorenzo Village, Angeles City, Pampanga

Alex's POV:

"Come on, Alice. It's not your fault that our dish doesn't work out with the visitors..."

Danica and Claire has tried all night to calm Alice down...as she cries continuously in our food truck.

"No...sniff...please...sniff...leave me alone...sniff...I need some space...sniff...and please...sniff...don't try to put the blame...sniff...away from me...sniff...it's my fault..."

Given up by Alice's emotions full of regret...Danica and Claire comes out of the food truck, saddened and concerned about her.

"It's no use, we did absolutely everything to cheer her up." Alice's best friend, Claire, told me. "Alex, you're the only one who can resolve this problem."

"Bu-but..."

"Alex, I know you're the one who motivated her to pursue her passion for cooking." Danica faintly smiles at me. "There's no going back, you need to keep her back together...and start over again."

"...sigh...OK." I make a deep sigh and agreed. "I will do whatever it takes..."

I walked into the food truck alone...feeling a somber mood...as I sit at the passenger seat beside Alice...who is slumped down because of hours of crying...with swollen eyes, she looked up at me...

"Huh...sniff...why are you here...sniff...I told you that...sniff...you should leave me alone...sniff...it's all my fault...MY FAAAULT!!! HUHUHUHU!!!"

But instead of complying with her, I just make a smile...trying to cheer her up...

"But...what makes you say that it's really your fault? We created that dish together, you know...so it should be OUR fault!"

"Huh?! What's makes you say that?!?!" Alice shouted at me. "I'm the one who gave the idea to make the halu-halo for the visitors! I didn't know that they didn't have a taste for those sweets! Besides...I screwed it up...I switched the ice cream into one made of coconut milk...I thought they will like my unique twist but...I was wrong..."

"But...I said before that it's totally fine, right?" I refuted back at her. "I mean...you have a creative imagination...and you have all the knowledge when it comes to cooking. Bad things doesn't happen to humiliate you...that really happens to help you refining your skills..."

"YOOOU!!! YOU'RE SIDING WITH THOSE...STUPID VISITORS?!?! NOT TO MENTION THAT YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DOUBTING MY COOKING!"

"Huh? No...I don't mean to do that! You know that I don't have the same knowledge as you...remember, I only cook fast food!"

"You know what...sniff...this has just got worse...sniff...so please...sniff...leave me alone..." Then Alice slumped her head to the steering wheel. "Don't worry...sniff...I will pack things up tomorrow...and go home. We won't push through with this...ugh...ill-fated road trip..."