Recipe 24: Isabela

Roadtrip Day 5
Location: Santiago City, Isabela

Roadtrip Day 5Location: Santiago City, Isabela

Alice Flonne's POV:

"Whoa!" I'm astonished on how the streets of Santiago is as busy as Manila...or more closely...Angeles, Pampanga. "I never thought these streets to be busy."

"Well...Santiago is called the 'Queen City of the North'" Claire explains. "Businesses and investment are really needed up here in the north. These would compliment the agricultural products of the region."

"Oh, speaking of agricultural...where should we park and sell our foods?"

After Danica asks...all of us wonder...where in this busy roads...will we park? But as the traffic lights before us turns green, Alex quickly shifts gear...and seems to found a perfect spot...

"Umm...Alex, what are you doing?"

But he didn't respond to my question, he just place the truck on this spot and parks:

"Huh? Can we sell our foods here in this place?" I wondered and asked the driver.

"Well, as you can see, we are here in a marketplace, since there are many establishments around us...of course, people are here to buy what they need. So why we will go too far if we can park in the nearest place like here?"

"Hehehe! Fair point."

But recalling what Claire had said...that agricultural products...specifically vegetables...are produced in this region. Hmm...how about I pay tribute to it by making a dish?

And as we are just preparing to open our food truck for business, two little girls noticed it and come closer to us.

"Umm...excuse me. Are you selling foods, ingredients and stuff?" The older girl asked us.

"Yes, little girls. Why do you ask?" Danica answered the question for us.

"Can we give us some food to eat? Please...we are so hungry...and...we don't have any money to owe you..."