Recipe 86: The Winner

Road Trip Day 36:
Destination: Bacolod City

Alice Flonne's POV:

"Ready...start!"

At Azmina's signal, we immediately start cooking our dishes...our dishes for today: Lexi will cook her cheesy...scrumptious...lasagna...so delis-hey! Snap out of it! For me...I will cook beef pares. If this dish helped me in reuniting with my mom and my older brothers, Jake and Kyle, this dish hopefully would finally secure my victory in this cooking rivalry!

"Hello! Can I have some two orders of fried chicken, please?"

"Hmm! Smells delish! Oh! Can I have three orders of beef pares, please?"

"Five orders of burger and fries, please?"

"I will order...three orders of beef pares. Can you make it a bit faster, please?"

The orders keep on coming for hours and hours...but despite of this...even we get exhausted by successive rounds of grilling, sauteing and tossing...it seems that we don't care who will gonna win today...it's just we are having fun with our passion for our talent of cooking.

"Two orders of our delicious beef pares, please?"

"Three orders of your chicken, burgers and fries, please?"

"Can I order beef pares to go, please?"

"Five orders of beef pares for our family, please?"

Ooh! I'm gaining my lead from Lexi! I just need to work hard...and carefully...so I can maintain and expand that lead. I told him earlier in this food trip...my homemade cooking taste better than fast food cooking and there's nothing he could do about it!

"Sluurp!!! That's one big satisfying dish." Our last customer just finished his meal. "Thanks for the meal. Keep it up!"

"Thank you! Come again!" Lexi and I greeted the last customers as he walks away from the food truck...before we smiled at each other...and ourselves a hug.

"We did it, Lexi! We did it! Hehehe!" We jumped together for joy as I giggle at him.

"Yeah...we finally did our best, Flonne. Congratulations!" Lexi replies back to me with a smile.

And just as we let go...Danica, Claire, Frederico and Dr. Gutierrez comes over to the food truck after their conversations between each other...just in time for Azmina to reveal the results...

"Okay, let's see..." Azmina glances through the logbook to analyze the number of orders that we have received. "Alright...the final winner of the cooking rivalry is...Alice Flonne Molina!"