Recipe 9: Food Is Talk!

Dedicated to -Colden-Winter- _Wishyy_Starry_ Dropsy_Water

Customer of the Day: Danica May Soriano

Alex's POV:

"Huhuhuhu!!! What should I do guys?! What should I do?!" Danica came running into our store, crying.

"Huh? What happened, Danica? Why are you crying?!"

Danica turns to me and whispers something...something awful...

"I was just...sniff...fired from my work...sniff...because the restaurant...it was closed for good..."

"WHAAAT?!?! THEY'RE CLOSING!!!" I was startled by her revelation. "How could the restaurant be closed?! It was selling like pancakes when I left!"

"I don't know...it's so sudden..." Danica told me. "The only thing that happened was we just called by the manager and told us that the restaurant will be closed...I don't see any sign or premonition prior to this..."

"Oh...I see..."

"That's why I'm here guys! What should I do?!" Danica ask me with tears on her eyes. "I don't have a job anymore! If I don't have a job and a money to pay, I will be evicted to my house! I don't have enough money to go home! My home is in Mindanao! Please...sniff...please help me! Huhuhu!!!"

As I hugged Danica to console her up, I notice Alice cooking something in the kitchen! Huh? Why are you cooking?! What are you thinking?! There's a lady crying in front of us and you don't have time to give her advice...or just a consolation?! I didn't know that Alice is a little bit...umm...unconcerned about the feelings of others...

Anyway...I felt a delicious smell from what Alice is cooking...and based from it, perhaps she is cooking some giniling. I saw her putting some potatoes, carrots, soft-boiled quail eggs, and tomato sauce in a wok.

After a few minutes, her steaming hot cooking was poured into a plate along with a newly cooked rice. Alice then take a spoonful of her own giniling to know first if it is within her "standards". Satisfied by the taste...she finally placed the dish in front of Danica.

"Here...eat up." Alice simply smiled at her. "Let my cooking console you and calm your nerves..."

Danica simply takes the spoon and dig in into Alice's giniling. Slowly...she starts to calm down...and wipes her tears...

"My...I like this dish." Suddenly, Danica changes her subject. "Your dish is full of flavor: the meat, the potatoes and the carrots. Then the sauce blends with the ingredients that makes it both tasty and sweet. Oh wait! You add some eggs to the dish? Wow! That's unique! If I mix the egg yolks with giniling, it is even more scrumptious! Alice, your giniling dish is so promising!"