Recipe 31: Sibling Love

Roadtrip Day 7
Location: Pagudpud, I locos Norte.

Alex's POV:

"Kuya Kyle, I would like to introduce to you my friends...friends that helped me to find you here."

Flonne happily introduces Danica and Claire to his older brother Kyle Molina. Hey, why I'm not included?!

"And here...is my very supportive boyfriend, Alex." Flonne then hold my hand. "Because of him, I was given a second chance to pursue my passion in cooking."

"Ehem! When do I allow you to get a boyfriend without my permission?!"

"Aaah...eeeh..." Flonne blushed and can't speak while being scolded by her older brother, but....

"Hehehe!!!! Just kidding! Good job, little detective sis!"

Kyle then rushes to her younger sister...just to scrub her head...like they're just kids...

"HEHEHE!!! PLEASE STOP! HEHEHE!!! YOU'RE MESSING MY HAIR...AND IT TICKLES!!! HEHEHE!!!!"

After a brief sibling tickle...Flonne stood up and smiled at her older brother...

"Kuya Kyle, I would cook something for you. I know that you missed my delicious cooking, right? Hehehe!"

Flonne giggled as she goes to the kitchen...leaving her brother on the sofa. As we begun to hear her humming...

"Umm...Kyle, it's pretty embarrassing to ask you but...can you describe your sister, Alice?" Claire is the first to ask. "I'm just wandering why do you call her...umm...'little detective sister Alice'..."

"Hehehe! No worries. I can tell you whatever I want over my cute little sister!" Kyle chuckles as he begins to reply. "I called her 'little detective sister Alice' is because when we're just kids, she always drags me to her so-called 'detective cases' when one of her things went missing...like her dolls, her favorite blanket, or even a single pin of her favorite dresses. Though sometimes it always leads to nothing, I always makes sure that she would have fun...for example, I pretended that I found some evidences so that we can finish the case."

Everybody of us smiled as Kyle continued his testimony over Flonne. "But if there's one thing that I can be proud of my little sister...is that she is a very good cook...just like my mom. You know...my mom is always sick because she worries about our dad...he is so addicted with fast food that he doesn't care about his health and became obese...so that's when Alice shows up. What Alice learns from her mother...she makes it twice as scrumptious. One time, Alice forces dad to eat her cooking...hehehe...good thing that mom sanctioned it. And guess what? He finishes the dish without complains! Hehehe! Ehem...I know that Alice's cooking will make a long way...and she is very grateful that you guys have made it happen."

"Your welcome, Kyle. In fact, helping her to find you here helps me to know Alice better." I smiled in reply to him. "I'm just wondering...brothers are supposed to be together in thick and thin...but when Alice told me that you broke apart..."

"Yeah...when dad died...all of us experienced depression...except for Alice. Everyday, she cooks by herself to cheer us up...her plan started to work as my mother recovers from all the ailments and worry that she previously had...but something that my brother did...turned our world upside down. One night, my older brother is drunk...and brings two ladies to our house. Shocked in disbelief, I beat him down to the pulp...as much to the horror of my mom and Alice. Ever since that night, my older brother ran away and never come back...even his whereabouts remains unknown. Then my mother became insane and ran away as well...I am so stupid to follow her everywhere...leaving Alice behind. Pagudpud was the last place where I saw my mother...riding a bus down south to Cebu. I never caught her..."