Recipe 39: Confession

Roadtrip (?) Day 12
Location: A hospital in Lucena City, Quezon Province

Alex's POV

"Hello...excuse me...are you all the relatives of Alice Flonne Molina?"

"Wo-woah! Ye-yes. We are." We just startled when a doctor shows up in front of us. We stare blankly at the waiting room for minutes now...hoping that Flonne is okay now.

"Ca-can you tell us...ple-please? How is Flonne? I-is she okay? I-is she has a di-disease or something? Or she...she...please tell us?!" My emotions overtook me when I asked the doctor...

"Sir...don't worry, she is in stable condition now." The doctor finally brings the news. "She only contracted with a flu. Her body collapsed because of overworking and low resistance. Right now, she's already taken medications to slowly cure her of the disease and increase her resistance. But...there are some complications..."

"Hu-huh?! Wha-what is it?!?! Ple-please tell us!!" Claire also broke down her emotions when she asks the doctor.

"The flu compromised her spinal cord and right now, her legs at numb and she can't move it. I recommend you that by the time the patient is discharged in a day or two, you need her to take some exercise to regain it."

She can't move her legs right now...bu-but...how about our deal?! Wi-will she cook with this condition?!

"Thanks, sir." A calm Danica ended our conversation.

"Your welcome. Let me guide you to the room where Alice is currently resting..."

Silently, we walked our way with the doctor towards the simple hospital room where Flonne is staying. When we opened the door...we say Flonne...sleeping comfortably like there is nothing happened to her...though she is currently connected with a dextrose and an oxygen mask. But for me, this scene is so depressing...

"She...sniff...she can't walk...sniff...it's all my fault...sniff...my fault!!" Tears once again fell from my eyes as I started to cry for Flonne. "If...sniff...if I really shouldn't...sniff...allow her...sniff...to change that tire...sniff...she wouldn't...sniff...she wouldn't ended up like this...sniff...I'm sorry, Flonne! I'm sorry, guys!!!"

"Alex!"

A pat on my shoulder stopped me from breaking down...it was Danica...smiling though she also tear-eyed...

"No...please don't blame yourself." Danica told me. "If Alice saw you crying over your fault, she will be angry at you. But right now, she needs your help...you need to take care of her and do whatever it takes to get her well."

"Yes...she's right." Claire adds to her plea. "But don't worry, we will help you. Tomorrow, we will do our best to make a dish for Alice. Let's make her feel better, whatever it takes, okay?"

"Yes...sniff...okay...I'll do my best..."

That night, while Flonne is still fast asleep, we planned the best way to cheer her when she wakes up. We decided that the best way that we could do is...make all of the dishes that she make during the last 11 days. In short, they're planning to have a simple party for her...for the two of them, it will take a long time to finish all of those dish. But for the girl that guided them...I mean us...to places we didn't see before, they will not mind it all.

Roadtrip (?) Day 13

Today, the doctors have removed the oxygen mask from Alice's face as she can now breathe normally...though her temperature remains high...38.7°C to be exact.

And right now, I'm left alone with Flonne as Danica and Claire cooks the simple party for her at the truck...assuming that she can wake up today. With the two of us in the room...the doors and closed and locked from the inside...and hoping that Flonne is listening to me...I begin to talk...

"Flonne...ugh...I don't know where to start...ehehehe...oh yeah...do you remember why I'm always admire you...that I said that you make me and everyone of us happy in every single way? Well...it's more than that. I am...and I will always admire you because...because...you simply accepted me. To tell you the truth, I don't have a real home...and a real family...I don't know where my family is ever since they dumped me eight years ago...I managed to get a job, a house, and even a pet but...but being alone...I can't take it. That's why I'm so depressed the day I lost that job that I don't even know where I am heading...until that very same day...when I met you. You...Claire...and Danica makes me feel that I do have at least a family. The laughter, the anger, and even our rivalry between you and me...that enough makes me happy...and make my day complete..."

And as I am about to end my confession to my Flonne...emotions start to rise again: "That's why...sniff...I'm so ashamed to myself...sniff...when I let you do the work...sniff...even you are sick...sniff...I should be the one...sniff...who will take care...sniff...and protect you...but...sniff...but...ugh! I'm the worst! I have hurt you many times...but this time...sniff...it hurts you so bad! I'm sorry, Flonne...sniff...please forgive me...sniff...please...sniff...come back to me! I need you...sniff...I...I...sniff...I LOVE YOU!!!"

I slumped my head into her bedside...crying all my regrets that I've done to her. I shouldn't cry because of what Danica told me yesterday...but...the guilt...it so strong to quell! I'm sorry, Flonne! I'm sorry!!!

"Alex..." Then suddenly...I heard a familiar voice...and felt a hand over my head. I turned my head up and I saw...and I saw...Flonne...wide awake...and smiling at me...

"Wa-wait!!! Yo-you've he-heard...everything that I've said?!?!"

Flonne nodded and giggled. My face blushed...ugh!!! What have I done?!?!