Recipe 44: Nightshift

Roadtrip Day 14
Location: Naga City

Alice Flonne's POV:

"EEEEH?!?! Late at night?!"

"Yes. I'm just give a little try to have 'Food Is Love' open until the wee hours of the morning." I simply explained the scheme.

"Umm...sorry for asking you this but...where in the world did you think of that idea?" Lexi asked me worriedly.

"Well...that's on my mind the whole time. In fact, I was dreaming about that idea when I am in a deep sleep earlier. It tells me that something good will happen if we can stay together, and cook some food throughout the night until the sun shines again."

"Wait...you mean from dusk till dawn?! Alice, we're tired from the five hour trip as compared to you." Claire complains about my idea. "Can we just sell foods tomorrow?"

"Come on, guys! Let us try just once!" I plea to my friends with puppy eyes. "Promise, I will try this once...we won't do this ever again."

"She's right, guys..."

I was startled when somebody else agrees with my idea...I looked around...and that I only knew...that it was Lexi who defended my idea...he smiled and winked at me.

"Okay...its only three in the afternoon so it's still a bit early. How about we take a little break and open shop at seven. How's that sound, Flonne?"

"Sounds great! Hehehe!" I admired on my boyfriend's little plan and giggled. "Please guys, let me have this night!"

Now with my Lexi siding with me...Claire and Danica's faces finally smiled at me...a sign that they will finally approve my plan.

"Alright then." Danica simply agrees with me. "But we need to get some rest."

"Yeah...that's what Alex just said. Hehehe!" Claire adds to the conversation. "But where will gonna stay for awhile?"

"Umm...guys. if you want to sleep right now, go ahead." I smiled as I make a recommendation. "Just close all the windows, lock the doors and shut all the covers so nobody can see us. We just need a little light bulb inside."

"Oh...never thought of that. Ehehehe!" Claire then directed the crew. "Alright, guys. Do what Alice is telling us. We'll gonna have a long night tonight!"

And that's exactly what happened: Claire closes the truck's windows, Danica locks the doors and Lexi shuts the curtains of the truck from the inside. The girls gathered at the entrance...set some mattress...and gets a nap. Lexi stay at his driver's seat, turns off the engine and followed suit....yaaawwnnn...I guess I need some shuteye as well...my nap during the nature trail is perhaps not enough to regain my energy. Oh well....zzzzzzz.....

Four hours later....

"...hnnng...hnnng..."

Huh? What's going on? Something's vibrating on my pocket...oh! It's my cellphone! Hehehe!

I picked it up to see who's texting me...wait...Catherine...oh yeah, that's right...she got my phone number, thanks to Claire! Hmph! Let's see...

"Hello, big sis! It's me, Kat! ^_^

It's been awhile seen we see each other here in Cagayan. Yesterday, we put my parents into rest. Don't worry, though, I'm not crying anymore. You know what, my aunt Charlene is my foster parent now...she's as kind as my mother...and as strong as my father. And right now, she paying all my tuition fees now...so I can start study in elementary next week! Yaay! I'm so blessed!