{case}

About 3 days later, (Y/n) asked if I wanted to come over to her apartment. Quinn had just left to go back home the day before.

So (Y/n) and I made plans to go to her apartment. I've never seen it before, so I was kind of excited.

I got dressed in my lucky flannel and some jeans. I floofed my hair for the ultimate power. "Yep, I'll be okay." I laughed to myself and got into my car.

On my way, I thought of a bunch of different scenarios in my head. Some made me smile, some made me paranoid. She was so amazing that it gave me anxiety.

I pulled into the parking lot, huffed, then I got out. I gave myself a pep talk in my head. I knocked on the door. I heard shuffling, and a muffled "I'm coming!"

She opened the door, looking amazing like always. "Hey Mark! You can come on in." She stepped aside and showed me in. "If y oh want me to show you around, I can. But there isn't much to see here. Just a simple 1 bed 2 bath apartment!"

I walked in, smiling. It was small, but she was living alone. "Its a nice small apartment!"

"Thanks! I wanted you over because I'll be starting work next week, so I'd like to see you before I did. Please make yourself at home!"

I nodded and sat on the couch. "So, what do you want to do?" I asked awkwardly. I felt like a teenager at a sleepover even the sleepover got boring.

"Well, I have a cup of tea brewing. Would you like a cup? Or do you prefer coffee?" She asked, staring at me.

"I prefer coffee, but I can have tea if it's to troublesome to make coffee."

"It's not troublesome at all!" She smiled at walked into the kitchen. It was really open, so the kitchen was connected to the living room. "I'm huge on liquids. So I have a nice coffee maker and a lot of nice coffees. I also have a nice electric tea kettle, nice tea leaves, and stuff like that. What coffee do you want? Dark roast, medium roast or light roast?"

"Medium roast, please. And can I have a lot of creamer and a little spendla in there?" I asked awkwardly. I didn't want to be rude, but it was my first time here. First times are always awkward. (Mentally preparing myself for 'That's what she said' comments.)

"Sure thing!" She chimed, and we had a casual conversation while she was making it.

"Thomas and I have some really funny memories! We would go in the woods and act like we were natures best friends, but we were monsters." We both laughed.

"My sister and I have some funny memories." She walked in the main room and handed me my coffee.

"Like what?"

"When I was living back home, we would have interesting things that we did. We would listen to music and instead of dancing we would exercise. We had our own 'language' which it didn't even make sense to us." She smiled down at her tea. Her smile was beautiful.

We went back and fourth telling stories about our childhood.

"Would you like to go get dinner somewhere? it's about dinner time." She set the now empty cup on her coffee table.

I smiled widely. "I'd like that. Where would you like to go?"

"I been wanting to try out this one restaurant but I haven't gotten the time to. It's about 5 minutes away from my house. Would you like to go?"

"Yeah! Do you want me to drive, or you?" I asked and walked to the kitchen. I put my mug in the sink.

"I'll drive." She stood up and grabbed her bag.

"Well! Let's go! Onward and upward!"