Episode 42

Joy POV

I was walking around when I saw Wendy unnie staring at blank space. Is she okay? It seems like something happened. I approached her slowly trying my best not to fuel her in case she's angry.

"Oh, Joy! There you are!" She exclaimed almost excited to see me.

I smiled faintly as she hugged me ever so tightly before letting go. I watched every single gesture, emotion she made. Something definitely feels wrong. There's an aura of it surrounding here.

"Well... we need to go."

I followed suit behind her as she led the way back to the waiting room. I should tell the rest about this. I mean we should try to figure out why she's acting weird suddenly...

-

"ooohhh~ Bangtan was not bad with the performance and their award too!" Seulgi unnie cheered as we boarded the next flight to another event.

I may or may not have decided not to let them know about it. I mean she seemed real fine earlier so I don't find a reason to worry the rest about it. Not that they actually paid full attention anyways. The entire time it was as if they were all flirting on camera. Not to forget those secret glances they exchanged. I sat next to Yeri as we waited for the flight to take off.

"Hey, is it just me but Wendy seems a bit different?" I whispered as we got comfortable.

"Wendy unnie? Hm... I never thought of it that way. Why?"

I shook my head at her question. Better just leave it behind. She wouldn't want us to involve ourselves in her private lives anyways. Though I cant deny that she does seem a bit out of it after I saw her earlier. I wonder if she and Yoongi oppa had talked about something earlier? Possibly something  important. I mean she suddenly changed 180 degrees.

Our entire journey and talks so far seems very weird and awkward. I mean Wendy unnie suddenly would exclaim from her daydream once in a while. It's both weird and confusing. I mean of course I'm curious as though why she is acting this way. But at the same time, I am also worried for her. What if this really affected her in the future? What if the fans caught on? Aside from her smiles and laughs as if nothing was wrong, I'm 100% sure everything is wrong.

-

It literally has been days since the MAMA awards and the end of year award shows is just around the corner. Meanwhile Wendy unnie seems to look different lately. In fact she looks more bright and cheerful suddenly. Not to forget that she lately had been on her phone or laptop or in her room. If I knew any lesser, I'd think she is hiding something. And it is something big...

"Yeri... I'm worried for Wendy unnie." I confessed to the maknae as we sat down watching music shows.

"Hmm? Why? Is she sick?" she nonchalantly replied with her eyes pierced on the screen.

"No but don't you think she has been acting or looking weird for a while lately?"

"I haven't exactly paid much attention to her lately. But now that you mention it, it seems so."

I stare at our maknae who was eating ramen freely as if she does not have any diet to follow or anything. I sighed loudly before resting my head on the couch.

"Why? What's wrong?" Yeri asked as she continued eating with no worries.

"Do you not have a diet to abide to?" I jokingly asked as I sat up.

"It's okay, I'm heading to the gym later anyways." She cooly replied as I rolled my eyes.

"You're going to the gym? Count me in. I need to burn some fats and get my mind off some things." Seulgi unnie suddenly add on as she left her room.

"WHAT FATS?! YOU'RE BASICALLY SKIN AND BONES!" I screamed at her in disbelief as she said that.

Seulgi unnie frowned and turned towards the mirror. I watched as she examined herself carefully before sighing. Is she actually for real? She's already thin enough. If she diets even more she would fly away with the wind.

"Actually unnie, that's fine. I was planning on going with someone else already." Yeri added with her eyes on the television and hands on the bowl of ramen.

"Who? Jungkook?" I asked heading to the kitchen before patting Seulgi unnie on the back as a form of assurance..

"Nah~ He seems busy lately. I was going to go with a friend of mine."

I nodded as I grabbed an apple and headed back to the living room. I called out to Seulgi unnie to join us as she just sighed. I watched as Seulgi unnie stopped looking at the mirror and joined us at the sofa as we watched the music show. Acting as if there's nothing wrong.

-

Seulgi POV

I stared at the mirror at my room oncame again. Since morning till now I have been checking myself on the mirror. Is it because I am insecure? Of myself? Of my body? Or is it something else?

"Do you think I'm thin?" I asked all of a sudden to Wendy who was in the room

"Of course you are. You're like skin and bones now. Haven't you been eating? Should I cook for you?"

I laughed before smiling a bit contentedly. I turned back to the mirror and sighed a bit. I know I am very thin but I don't know why. I keep feeling insecure lately. Is it because I overheard something about certain companies pushing their girl groups towards BTS? Is it because I'm afraid that Jimin would leave me?

"OH MY GOD." I suddenly screamed in realisation.

I heard a thud on the floor as I turned around. Wendy, who was originally on the bed, is now on the floor cold. I stared at her for a while before the bedroom door busted open. 

"I HEARD A SCREAM FOLLOWED BY SOMEONE FALLING. ARE YOU TWO OKAY?!" Joohyun unnie screamed as she held the door open.

"NO FAIR! HOW COME YOU TREAT THEM DIFFERENTLY FROM US?" Joy screamed from the living room probably.

"Because you two are always fighting. Anyways, Seulgi, are you okay? Wendy?"

I nodded to Joohyun unnie a bit warily before turning back to the mirror. Am I.... jealous?

Short update because I've been really busy lately. I promise to write more often as I finish my exams. 🙇