2: The Meeting

About an hour later, I woke up because the car stopped moving, making the car stop lulling me to sleep. I looked back and saw that my parents were taking out my luggage from the trunk and it seemed like I had already arrived at the destination which startled me a bit because it went so fast.

It was only my luggage they were taking out because they were only dropping me off and visiting their so called old friends that were living in the city. I yawned and went out only to see this mansion alike house which made my eyebrows jump up slightly in amazement. It looked like any ordinary house, except it was huge. I tilted my head upwards when I suddenly saw a figure quickly hiding behind a window and I smirked, thinking that the son was already creeping.

I walked towards my parents with slightly tired eyes when a woman, in my mother’s age, suddenly came out screaming with happiness. My mother quickly responded by screaming too and my eyebrows rose even more than before from their high pitched screams. They ran to each other while hugging and jumping up and down like hormonal teenage girls that haven't seen each other for a while, you know, the popular ones in high school. I rolled my eyes from the sight and continued sliding my luggage towards them before faking a small smile.

”Is this Sam? You’re all grown up now! I remember when you used to be this little girl!” The woman said while taking out her hand and demonstrating a short height. Looks like she already knows me apparently.

I smiled in response and bowed in respect, it's a korean tradition. ”Yes,” I answered while still awkwardly smiling.

”Come in, come in! Call me Mrs. Kim and let me help you with those bags, you look tired!” she said with worry, sounding awfully genuine which freaked me out.

I quickly shook my head; ”No, I’m fine, it’s okay it’s not even heavy.”

”Oh my, you even speak korean fluently. Well then at least let one of our maids help!” she said and out of the blue, a woman came and snatched away my luggage, wearing clothes that resembled to a maid's uniform. 

They have maids? How rich are they? I stood there awkwardly with a confused face and blinked out of surprise.

Mrs. Kim went in with my mother while talking to each other, chatting and trying to catch up with each other in that spare little moment. Hunter and my father were behind my, looking amazed at the house and admiring the big size of the building and the luxurious appearance it had that screamed money and power. I shrugged and went inside and were about to take off my shoes when a man came into my sight and smile widely.

Probably Mr. Kim. I immediately bowed and greeted him politely while introducing myself. The man seemed shocked to see me and started saying things like Mrs. Kim said before. God, apparently I have grown up so well.

Mr. Kim went over to my dad and they started talking and hugging each other while patting each other slightly before pulling away.

I started to follow my mother who was in the lounge room that looked modern and too clean. I thought of Hana while I scanned the big room, thinking that she would've enjoyed this place.

Suddenly I tripped and almost fell before I regained balance. I heard someone laugh in the background so I turned around and saw Hunter mocking and pointing at me for being such a klutz. I marched towards him and started to pull his ear while he whined from the slight pain he was receiving. When I was about to curse to him, my mother and Mrs. Kim came over to me so I immediately stopped arguing with my brother, acting like nothing happened and shot my brother a death glare to keep quiet or else he would definitely be in more pain later.

”Please greet their daughter afterwards,” I heard Mrs. Kim say in the background, it was almost inaudible but my ears picked it up. Must be the son, this is going to be awkward. But sooner or later, I'll have to meet him. I will be living with him for the next two months and I groaned a little from the thought of it. God, please let him be normal. I wanted to strangle someone from the anxiety I was feeling for being dumped in this castle in an unfamiliar city.

I saw a tall, slim guy standing behind my mother and he had a sense of fashion judging from the clothes he was wearing. He was greeting her and bowing so I couldn’t see his face but he had brunette hair that looked awfully familiar that made my eyebrows connected before I shrugged it off.

Mrs. Kim came over to me with a maid trailing behind her right afterwards. The maid was holding on to a silver plate full with mini sandwiches that were delicately cut. My mouth wathered slightly and I didn’t hesitate to take one since she was offering me anyway. Plus, I hadn’t eaten for a while and my stomach was churning a bit from being empty.

Mrs. Kim bombarded me with compliments, saying things like I would fit her son perfectly and I would fake a smile while mentally rolling my eyes. I had to constantly tell myself to just keep quiet and smile while nodding my head on whatever she says. 

I couldn’t say "thank you" because I had food in my mouth and one thing my parents taught me were manners, so I bowed up and down while awkwardly smiling. 

Her eyes suddenly lightened up by watching something behind me and she suddenly smiled. Her black hair made her skin look more fair and to be honest, she looked good for a woman in her age.

”This is Sam, son! Introduce yourself!” she suddenly said to someone behind me using korean and I quickly turned around to greet her son. This is it.

”I’m Jongin,” the guy said arrogantly and my eyes went side as saucers when I recognized him. I stopped chewing from the sight and I felt my breathing get hitched in my throat when I felt his presence grace me.

Oh my god.