27: Perfect

"Hello?!"

I came back to reality when Sarang snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I asked her in a confused state.

"Seriously, you seem so out of this world. What did Kai really do to you?"

"I told you, I'm tired. I wouldn't do anything with that guy alright?"

Sarang grinned and nodded her head and gave me that look that said, "Sure you wouldn't." Her grin disappeared when she looked behind me.

"Speak of the devil," she quickly said and looked away from my direction. I looked behind me and saw Kai. Our eyes met and he looked at me with a worried expression. It was the same one that he had when he was warming my hands. I hurriedly turned around and looked at the table while intertwining my fingers together because i was trying to bear the pain. He probably knows for sure.

Ugh, last night was so stupid. Now when my mind is fully aware of what is happening, I realize how idiotic yesterday was. I'm not falling in love with him, it's just my stupid hormones.

My cheeks flushed red from the thought of last night. Ugh, and he probably knows what's going on with me too. My cheeks got a shade darker so I closed my eyes out of embarrassment.

-

Kai's POV.

Honestly, I was truly worried about her because she seems ill. I walked in and immediately recognized her because she was wearing my beanie. I knew Sarang was going to give her a heads up when I'm in eyesight so I purposely looked at her before she would see me. Our eyes met and she stared at me for two seconds before turning away again with the usual cold exterior that she has.What the hell? Did I do something wrong last night? I thought about it for a few seconds before my mind wandered to what happened last night.

Flashback.

This. This right here is absolutely perfect. Just me, Sam and the moon. Nothing to disturb us and no one to disturb us. The time was 3 a.m. in the morning. I was lying on my back, looking at the dark sky filled with stars, sprinkled all over. Sam was sleeping on my chest like a cute little puppy. Her cheek was squished against my ribcage and her mouth was a little open. Her eyelashes lay prettily on her cheekbones as she was making small noises while inhaling and exhaling air. I patted her hair while closing my eyes, wishing that this moment never ends.

I automatically woke up when I didn't feel a presence next to me. I quickly sat up and looked around me.

"Sam?" I said out loud. She's not here or anywhere around here. Where did she go? I rubbed my tired eyes and suddenly stopped when I noticed red stains on the ground next to me. It looked like blood. I could only think of one thing that only made sense.

Is she on her period?

-

Once again, just for her, I threw my pride away. I walked over to her and I didn't look anywhere else but her. I could see how she looked at me without turning her head completely. I sat on the bench next to her while facing her. She turned her head at me out of surprise but then she ignored me and rested her head on her palms while leaning on the table. I looked at her for a few seconds but she acted like I wasn't there. I jerked her hands and she got startled from my sudden action. I held her hands like I did last night and started rubbing them between my palms.

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She widened her eyes from my questions and looked at our hands. Did I ask it wrong? What the hell am I supposed to ask anyways if a girl is on her period? I only know that they are in pain and bleed for days.