41: Heart

After sitting in the car for a good five minutes with my arms crossed over my chest while an angry silence lingered in the air, I growled out in anger before opening the door and stepping out when I arrived at home. Without waiting on Kai, I marched towards the door while fury seethed inside my body. I was too mad, too disappointed and too tired to argue with him but I knew that’s what he wanted.

“Where are you going?” he shouted while following me. I was ahead though, making him trail behind me. I ignored his question and continued walking. “We need to talk!”

I noticed that nobody was at home at the moment except for some maids that were cleaning so I walked with heavy steps up towards the guest room. I didn’t care that grandma is occupying it at the moment. I just needed to be alone.

“Sam!” I heard Kai shout from downstairs. He had stopped following me and decided that he apparently wanted to vent out his anger downstairs. I breathed hard and deeply, trying to control myself. I went inside the guest room and sat on the bed with a pissed of expression plastered on my face.

His voice was filled with rage and I knew he was ready for a battle now. “Yah!” he continued to shout after me. I heard him march upwards and I knew he was going to burst through that door any second.

On cue, an angry Kai came through the door and he stood in the doorway while staring at me. I had stood up from the bed and returned the stare he shot me. The intensity, the tension and the hatred; it was all too much at the same time.

“Why are you not answering me when I’m calling for you?”

I scoffed in amazement before yelling back; “Well forgive me for being pissed because you all of the sudden decided to drag me out of the party and embarrass me in front of everyone! I’m not your little dog, Kai! You can’t expect me to do everything you want!”

Shocked by my outburst, his eye twitched in anger before he clenched his jaw tightly, making the muscle stick out more than usual. “Well if you weren’t throwing yourself on Myungsoo then I wouldn’t have to!”

I gasped in shock and laughed sarcastically before staring at him again with a serious face. My jaw and fist tightened while my eyes narrowed at his words. I just wanted to punch him in the face for saying such an incredulous thing because he made me sound like a complete slut.

“I’m not going to defend myself. I’ll go throw myself on different guys if I want to, whether you like it or not,” I said poisonously.

Judging from the way his face stiffened, my words must have stung and he glared at me while stalking towards me. I automatically flinched but I stood my ground and continued looking at him.

“Don’t say that, you make it sound like you’re a slut,” he replied through gritted teeth.

“Why do you care?” I said with an edge and he squinted his eyes on me, baffled from my answer.

“Because I like you!” he said out loud and took a step closer, if that was even possible. I could feel the rage radiating from him and the intense atmosphere was making my body ache. This wasn’t going to end well and I knew it.

I felt my heart thump loudly and my spine shivered from his words while my lips trembled. It suddenly felt cold in the room and I noticed that it was dark inside, matching the environment outside. The two of us were too busy to turn on the lights and even though it was obscure and gloomy; Kai’s eyes were shiny and visible in the dark.

I sighed out loud while my eyes were locked on his and vice versa. The battle for dominance on the staring competition wasn’t going to go easily because both of us refused to be inferior.