4: Jerk

I could feel Kai staring at me with a cold expression and I returned the stare by looking at him casually as if I didn’t care. On the outside I looked as if it was nothing, but on the inside, I was scared as hell because my innocence is one of the disadvantages I have. The only guy I've shared room with is my little brother and I haven't even imagined sharing with a guy who I am not even acquaintance with, nonetheless, an idol.

“The guest room is being renovated at the moment. You’ll be able to have a room for your own in two weeks, but for now, you have to share the same room as Jongin,” his mother said as if it was the most normal thing in the world while she concentrated on the plate of food in front of her.

Kai grunted in disapporval; “Mother, she’s a girl. I’m a man. I can’t share a room with her! We’re neither relatives nor lovers, we’re complete strangers!” he said quietly but harshly. It sounded like he was demanding something and he was expecting that she would obey.

“Don’t worry, you’re not going to sleep on the same bed!” she said like she was stating the obvious before cutting up her food with her silver ware. “Besides, this will bring you closer! Think of it as a slumber party!” she continued excitedly before looking at me and then at him. 

“Madness,” he said and growled as he walked away, leaving me dumbfounded while standing alone. I became confused of what to do since Mrs. Kim told him earlier to show me his room, but he just walked away. What an idiot. She quickly signaled with her hands that I should follow him with a smile on her face without saying a word and I automatically listened, quickly scurrying after him. I sighed, irritated at his childish behaviour because he wasn't the only one who wasn't satisfied.

I started to walk after him, mouthing bad words to him that he couldn't hear. He walked coolly and the jeans that hung on his waist fitted him perfectly as if they were made for him.

I was about to go in the same room as he was entering, but just when it was my turn to enter, he slammed the door hard, making me blink in surprise from the sudden air that swooshed me from the impact. I had a bewildered expression on my face because it was so close from hitting my face. I instantly mumbled a curse out of irritation.

I opened the door with anger, only to see Kai lying on his bed while looking at me and then picking up a book from his night stand. I looked at him with a scowl but quickly looked around the room to avoid awkwardness. I slowly looked at him again and saw that he was still staring at me with dead eyes. 

“So-” is the only word that could get out of my mouth but before I could continue he cut me off blatantly, not caring if I would get offended.

“Listen, whatever your name is," he interrupted me and my eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. How dares he? He obviously is a rude brat so I decided to be the real me from now on, not caring that he was a celebrity sooner or later. “Since you will be staying in my room, you’ll have to do what I say or else I will kick you out,” he said casually while staring into my eyes with such power that I had to look back. I looked at him in disbelief with a slightly ajar mouth. This guy is already bitching towards me when I just began talking. I mentally cursed to myself because of the thoughts I had of him before, being perfect and all. Luckily, they were burning away in my head.

I rolled my eyes without answering because this was his little palace after all and I was going to try to at least put up with your highness. I walked over to my bags that the maids had already brought up in search for some clothes and other necessities before going to dreamland.

“Mattress or couch, your choice,” he said in a cold tone while his eyes focused solely on his book. I watched him with a slightly roughened forehead while he removed his fringe from his eyes.