29: Versus

Sam's POV.

I woke up from the sound of birds chirping. The lime green tent glowed in a neon color when the sun shone on it, making me flutter my eyes open even more. I inhaled deep breaths. The familiar scent tickled my nostrils and I opened my eyes completely. Without knowing, I was sleeping on Kai's chest while hugging him. His right arm was hugging my shoulder while his other arm was lying on his stomach. I narrowed my eyes at him and saw that he was still asleep. Not knowing what time it is, I grabbed his wrist to look at his watch.

7.47 a.m. Even though I'm a heavy sleeper, I was always an early bird which was annoying sometimes. I put down his arm on his stomach again and yawned while stretching. Kai stirred in his sleep which made me freeze. I looked at him, hoping he wouldn't wake up and fortunately, he did not. I covered my mouth while yawning again and sat up. I looked at him while scratching my head, trying to memorize what happened last night before it went black.

The last thing I remember was that he loves fried chicken.

I continued gazing at him while he was lying next to me, looking like an angel in a serene environment.

He's so handsome, no wonder he's an idol. I bended down to have a closer look at his face. My eyes fell on his lips while having this curious-like feeling, I carefully touched his lips with my finger. It was sexy yet it looked beautiful. It was fascinating in a weird way and it looked cute.

"What are you doing?" he suddenly asked with his eyes still closed. I froze again and widened my eyes. Shit, what am I supposed to say? I'm caressing your pretty lips?

"Uh... Nothing?" I answered quizzically. Kai opened his eyes and looked at me with tired eyes.

"Are you tempted?"

"Temp- What? No!" I said quickly and started blushing. I backed away a little when he suddenly sat up and looked at me with his suspicious eyes.

"Are you blushing?"

"I'm going!" I nervously said and aimed for the exit. "I'll see you later right?" I said while walking out. "Yeah, we'll talk later!" I continued without him answering first and closed the zipper as soon as I stepped out.

Kai looked at the exit where I left. He had this blank expression on his face as usual when he's confused. I barely heard him say "weird" when I walked away while shaking my head out of embarrassment  "That can't happen again!" I growled quietly while stomping over to the cottages.

-

It went by a few days without anything happening. Me and Kai barely talked because he wasn't here. He had to go back and forth because he had to practice his singing and dancing with EXO before the showcase. And even when he was here, I barely saw him because the two of us stopped sleeping in the tent and moved back into the cottage. Kai probably slept all the time while he was here thanks to the exhaustion he gets from lack of sleep. Myungsoo was the one that entertained me throughout the days. We both got closer and started bonding more. He was a nice guy and he seemed to understand me. He had this mind that could easily read me which was rare because I always have the same careless expression.

-

Everybody including the teachers was outside and grilling. I sat by myself next to the lake while looking at the beautiful view. My thoughts wandered to Kai. How is he doing? Is he alright? Is he nervous about the showcase? Is he eating and sleeping properly? I then smiled when I remembered him by looking at the lake. My smile got wider when I thought of that he did a few days ago. His intentions are good but his actions are shit. How the hell do you teach someone to swim by dumping them in deep water right away?