34: Déjà Vu

I wonder what they are doing together. Eating? Studying? Watching TV? Or God-forbid cuddling?

I accidently broke the tip of my pen which made me snap out of my thoughts. I stared at it before Yihyun interrupted me this time.

“Oppa, are you okay?” she asked worriedly. She was sitting on another side of the table because she made me promise her to help her with her studies. After the triathlon, we had to make up for the homework we missed and it was loads of it. Judging from the books Sam carried when she went over to Myungsoo’s, he was probably helping her out too.

What about me? I’m the smartest student in school! I get straight A’s all the time! Couldn’t she ask me for my help?

I pouted and continued scribbling on my paper while thinking of Sam. The text I wrote was irrelevant from what we were studying and I found myself writing on Chinese involuntarily.

请你告诉我 如果这样就是爱

Please tell me if this is love.

It is a part in our prologue song ‘What is Love’. Whether we're EXO-K or EXO-M, in EXO we need to undertands both Korean and Chinese. We basically learned foreign languages by translating our songs into different language. What is Love is one of those songs that we often use for translation, and I already kind of get used to it by now.

I stared at my scribbles before ripping it off and knuckling it then throwing it in the bin. Yihyun looked at me weirdly and followed everything I did before I pretended as if nothing has happened and continued writing. I couldn’t concentrate which was rare because I easily do these things without a problem and finish it before some have even started. I hate burdens and I considered homework a burden that I quickly wanted to get rid off. It probably explains why I’m such a genius.

I heard Yihyun’s pen move around on the paper before I stole a glance at her. She was concentrating and a small wrinkle was created on her forehead. Her dark long hair fell over her shoulder and chest while her thick mascara-coated eyelashes batted quickly when she got some answers wrong. I was reminded of why I liked her years ago, it was because of her innocent looks and kindness that she has towards me. I know she isn’t like that towards others but it didn’t bug me at all. Besides, I love girls with long wavy hair.

But Yihyun wasn’t exciting anymore. When I looked at her, I could easily predict what she was doing, thinking or even feeling.  It was easy to tell that she liked me too, which was not interesting anymore. Call me an asshole but I pretty much liked the chase when we were younger. Well, maybe I still do.

Sam felt different. She is different. At first, I thought she was just like any other girl that would swoon when they saw me. It was normal to think like that judging from the way she choked on her food when she saw me the first time. But not long after that, I realized she was not like them and that she was quite funny to tease and irritate. She’s comfortable to be around too. I could be myself around her even though she hated it. Plus, she is attractive. Can you blame me?

But then she started acting hard to get which spurred me on even more to annoy her. She started giving me glares like I’m a nobody which made me quite stunned at first because hello? I’m EXO’s Kai. Nobody glares at me like that because I’m the one who glares like that at idiots. I realized after a while that she wasn’t playing hard to get, she is hard to get. The thought of not being able to have her made me excited and then I just suddenly found myself smiling to myself out of nowhere whenever I thought of her randomly on occasions like practices for instance, or just when I’m about to sleep.

So the conclusion is, I fell for her. It felt strange at first because in the past few years, I distanced myself from girls because they were all the same and plain. Girls nowadays acted too cute which ticked me off.