51: Disappointment

”You’re back. I need to talk to you. Alone.”

I felt my blood rush over to my head, turning my face red in anger. Yihyun remained still with an arrogant pose while looking at Kai expectantly.

Suddenly I felt scared. What if she succeeds in persuading Kai to go with her? What if-

“Anything you want to say to me, you can say in front of Sam.”

Yihyun wasn’t the only one surprised as I felt like I was caught off guard. Did Lu Jerk Han just say that?

It felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders after hearing that. Slowly, my heart was accepting him to the fullest and I felt proud of him all of the sudden.

While I smiled in joy in the background, Yihyun was seething on the surface. She breathed out a sharp breath in annoyance while looking at Kai, eyes glistening with tears.

“I came here to tell you that I still have feelings for you. I always have,” she told him, staring at him with her round eyes, “But I have accepted that you only see one girl, and that girl is not me.”

She looked defeated with her head hung low, and she looked sad. For a split second, I felt sorry for her but when the image of me walking in while Kai was devouring her made my sympathy dissipate.

She deserves this.

I tried very hard not to smirk in happiness while looking around. I suddenly felt awkward and out of place, like I shouldn’t really be in a situation like this. The way Yihyun look genuinely hurt felt like I was the bad guy in movies, especially with how I was grinning evilly in the background.

Kai turned around; making me burst my own bubble of thoughts. He smiled his usual boyish grin before reaching out his hand to me. I looked at it confused before taking a step and enveloping my hand with his.

Kai smiled wider while looking at Yihyun, “I’m really happy that you have accepted this Yihyun, it must be really hard to try to let me go.”

I mentally scoffed, what a self-centered idiot.

I must have rolled my eyes unintentionally because Yihyun suddenly locked eyes with me, giving me a slight glare before turning her attention to Kai again.

Kai brought my hand up before wrapping his other hand around it. I felt the tingles from his touch and suddenly felt embarrassed that he was being so affectionate in front of somebody.

“I really hope you find a guy that will treat you better than I ever did. Someone who cares for you like I care for Sam,” he said while rubbing my fingers with love. I stared at him. Way to rub it in her face.

Yihyun looked at my hand that was wrapped inside Kai’s. She shifted her eyes to look at him again, cheeks crimson red.

“You know I will never love anyone but you Oppa, it’s been like this for many years.”

I felt my heart ache at her statement, leaving me confused. My grip around his hand loosened and he noticed it because he tightened his.

He didn’t say anything, letting a few seconds pass by in silence. He was probably thinking of what to say because Yihyun looked heartbroken at the moment.

He sighed, “Maybe someday in the future, faith will decide it will be your way.” I frowned.

What the hell.

Yihyun’s face quickly brightened up from his words, even the tiniest hope of them being together was good enough for her. She smiled while a tear ran down her pink cheeks before she took a few steps. She embraced him in a hug, making Kai let go of my hand.