39: Question

With a red and flustered face, I carefully closed the bathroom door before leaning with my back against it. My heart rate had increased dramatically and I was breathing heavily while sinking carefully against the door before sitting on the floor and leaning my head against it. I looked up in daze while hugging my knees. My mind was a little gone at the moment.

I couldn’t believe what just happened. I just kissed Kai. The guy that had driven me crazy for the past month yet the guy I despised for being so arrogant and rude.

But I loved it. Although I hated him, I loved it. I couldn’t really deny that even if I wanted to.

I shook my head because I was still a little bit dizzy from lack of air. I couldn’t believe how I became so bold all of the sudden. Where did my courage come from? Normally I would push him away and get away as quickly as possible.

Sure Kai initiated the kiss but I was the one who kissed him first. Everything happened so quickly so I forgot everything and only remembered his touch and soft plump lips against mine.

I breathed out hard before resting my palm against your chest, trying to calm down your little heart that was being uncontrollably. It was no use since I could still feel Kai’s lips on mine even though it happened a while ago. I touched my lips lightly with my fingertips before my spine shivered. His hands on my waist and his soft and smooth neck under my fingertips; I could still feel it.

Everything felt so surrealistic and amazing that I just shivered from the thought of it. My cheeks continued to redden and I scolded myself for being so nervous easily.

“Get your act together Sam,” I told myself and shook my head.

-

Since Sarang promised me that she would teach me how to longboard; she rang on my door the next day. I was still sleeping when the maids came and woke me up. It was hard to wake me up and I only stirred around in my sleep after the maids called my name and shook my body for about five minutes.

I opened my eyes groggily and looked at them with squinted eyes.

“What?” I asked them with my morning voice. It was slightly darker than usual.

“Your friend Sarang is waiting for you in the lounge room.”

What does she want? I got up unwillingly and stretched my arms before going up from the couch, lazily. I looked out the big window to check the weather and it was clearly hot and warm outside. The trees stood still as a sign that there was no wind at all. I scratched my head before whipping out a pair of black denim shorts and a brown knitted sweater from my luggage. I always wear knitted sweaters even though it’s hot outside because well, I’m Sam.

After getting dressed in the toilet downstairs, I carefully went upstairs and looked around. My eyes darted over to Kai’s bedroom door and I stared at it for a few seconds. Nervousness stealthily sneaked out just by watching it. I needed my toothbrush that was upstairs and I cursed myself for leaving it there. What if I bumped into him? I still couldn’t handle that yet.

I didn’t want to encounter him yet because I was still embarrassed. After the kiss I had abruptly stood up out of nowhere and walked away without saying anything, leaving him dumbfounded and confused. I closed my eyes tightly from the thought of it and my face turned pink again.

One of the maids saw my head sticking out from the wall and she startled me when she showed up out of nowhere.

“What are you looking for, Miss?” she asked with a smile. She was one of the younger maids and she looked quite innocent and nice. I stared at her before whispering,