54: Memories

Three weeks later

”Tell me the truth.”

“What truth?” Hana replied, looking up from her phone. She tried to make it look like she was reading her book in front of the teacher when in reality she was texting someone, using the book as a shield.

“Exactly, I don’t know the truth!” I whisper-yelled. “What is really going on between you and Luhan?”

Hana rolled her eyes and continued assaulting her touch-screen phone with her fingers, “Absolutely nothing, unlike you and the lead dancer of EXO-K.”

I narrowed my eyes on her because she smirked while focusing on her phone. I slapped her arm, making the area redden immediately.

“Ouch!”

“Don’t say that shit out loud.”

Although Hana is a great friend, she is extremely clueless. If the information about me and Kai leaked, she would be the first person I would look at suspiciously. Not that she would deliberately reveal it; she would do it by accident.

She rubbed the area, “Gee, your slaps are getting stronger.”

I smirked before frowning when I realized it was a habit I picked up from Kai when I was in Seoul.

It has been three, almost four weeks ago since the departure from Seoul. As promised, Kai and I were still in touch and despite the distance; the two of us were still in a relationship. It was hard but it would be harder if we decided to go separate ways entirely.

To be honest, it was a lot more demanding than I thought it would be. I really underestimated the time and effort relationships required, especially long distance relationships. For my first one, it was extremely hard to cope with. Whenever something happened to me, good or bad, he was never there in person to talk to. Instead of a kiss or a hug connecting both of us, there was a phone.

The bell rang making me jump slightly in my seat out of surprise, I was too immersed in my thoughts, daydreaming as usual. The sound of books slamming and chairs being scratched against the floor almost overpowered the bell and the voices of eager seniors in my class.

“You gonna head to your French class?” Hana asked before she headed to her next lesson. I nodded before both of us went into different directions.

Since there was only a five minute break between the previous class and my next one, I had to hurry up to get my books from my locker because my school was pretty huge. Although I have been going to the same school for a few years now, I still had difficulties with finding specific classrooms because of the complicated classroom names.

Just as I shoved my history books inside the locker, my phone started ringing making me groan in frustration. It just had to ring in the midst of stress.

“Hello?” I answered without looking the caller. I was balancing the phone in between my ear and my shoulder while my hands searched for my French books in my not-so-organized locker. Every time I was in a hurry while searching for them, I regretted just shoving them in there somewhere instead of keeping it nice and clean. There were even unnecessary papers that were just in my way but I couldn’t give a shit whenever I was in a hurry.

“Oh, hello,” Kai’s angelic voice seeped into my ears. “Have you seen my beautiful but slow girlfriend somewhere? She doesn’t answer my calls anymore.”

I rolled my eyes from Kai’s bad acting before grabbing my phone, looking at my screen afterwards. In the corner, I could see missed calls that were no doubt from him.