42: Broken

A/N; I'm quite enjoying this story myself hahah so I think I'm gonna do a double-update today ;)

____________________

I stood there completely frozen from the sight and I swore to myself that I've never felt more stupid in my whole life.

The air in my lungs got sucked out from the sudden shock and my heart went frantic. Kai cupped her face with his palms while they gently nipped each other’s lips. Their eyes were closed and my eyes stung from the sight that made my heart drop.

I felt the heavy tears in my eyes hit the floor when they welled over after a few seconds. Heartbroken and devastated, I decided I would leave them alone unnoticed. They were too busy anyways and I didn’t want to ruin their moment. They definitely seemed to enjoy this more than I did.

I was sure the old Sam wouldn’t cry. The old Sam would march towards that bitch and give her something that she deserves; a nice uppercut.

But being too crestfallen and feeling completely destroyed, I just wanted to get away from here. The pain was unbearable and too much to handle. I didn’t even know I had these types of emotions so I was surprised myself.

I guess that’s what happens when you’re inI didn’t even finish that sentence in my mind. It sounded too absurd and too strange. I quickly wiped away the tears because it felt like they were burning my skin.

I slowly walked backwards while watching them from afar, being unable to stop looking at them. It hurt tremendously but it was impossible not do so. I made sure to be quiet so they wouldn’t notice me and I tried to breathe calmly and evenly. The image of them together would forever be burnt inside my head, leaving traces behind. Good luck getting rid of it now.

My feet came in touch with something I hadn’t expected and out of the blue, I fell backwards on my butt, making a loud thud and my eyes widened in shock and pain.

Being completely panic-stricken, I tried to get up and noticed that I had accidently tripped on Yihyun’s stupid shiny and glittery sandals on the floor. I cursed in my head because I made a ruckus and suddenly, Kai was there – standing a few feet in front of me. My stomach clenched and my head felt empty because I wasn’t thinking clearly anymore.

Both of us locked eyes before my eyes drifted to Yihyun that was standing behind him. She was looking at me with vicious eyes and a small smirk appeared on her small luscious lips. She purposely wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, indicating she was certainly having more fun than I did a few seconds ago.

I quickly shifted my eyes to Kai again and he looked completely miserable like he had done something wrong.

I have been caught now. Or should you say Kai have been caught. Either way, both of us knew what had happened and what is about to happen.

I felt my legs become weak when I tried to stand up and I had only one thing in my mind when Kai tried to approach me.

Run.

-

Kai’s POV.

After Sam walked out the front door, I kind of lost it; literally.

I started to growl in anger and frustration while punching the wall now and then, making my hand bruise to a dark purple shade. I would curse loudly and kick things that got in my way to vent out my anger somehow but it wasn’t enough.

The worst thing that fell over was my father’s diploma that was in a glass frame in the hallway. If this was another time, I would’ve panicked but I was so wrathful and furious so I just left it there while the maids picked it up while looking down in nervousness. I would shout at them just because I had no one else to shout at and they would take it. They were terrified but they continued doing their job, at this point, they were probably used to my temper.