13: Unwelcomed

Kai’s Point Of View.

I was walking home in the middle of the slight cold night. It was really late and I could hear dogs bark from afar, but other than that it was quiet, almost like a frightening serene. I looked around for people but no one was in sight which was strange. Usually a few people are scattered around here and there.

I started to freeze a little since it was chilly and I didn’t wear thick clothes because it was hot earlier as usual. I started walking in a fast speed with my heavy bag, trying to reach my house as quickly as possible. I was so tired and my body was aching so I couldn’t even keep my eyes open.

I looked at the clock and it was 3 a.m in the morning which didn't surprise me. We usually practice a long time so arriving at home at this hour wasn't a shocker. While walking, I began thinking of what to do with my singing. I lack emotions apparently. I need to fall in love. Why was I thinking of Yihyun earlier? Is she the one that makes my heart flutter? I stopped thinking about it because it made me cringe for some reason. I've known Yihyun since forever and it suddenly didn't feel right.

After ten minutes of walking, I arrived at my familiar white doorstep. It was really quiet and I really tried to not make loud noises when opening the door because everyone was asleep. But I failed since I saw my father coming down after I shut it and he was surprised to see me as well. He's not at home often because he's usually on business trips and shit.

“I thought you were going to have a sleep over with the other members?” he asked with curious eyes.

“I was, but something came up,” I said coldly unintentionally because I was exhausted.

My father continued to the kitchen to drink water while I went upstairs to hit the bed. I smirked when the thought of annoying Sam while sleeping like a pig came up in my head.

I didn’t even bother to be quiet when I was about to open the door to my room. This whole time she’s been sleeping in the same room as me, I’ve realized Sam is a heavy sleeper. She doesn’t even move an inch when I slap her lightly on her cheeks or even fully wake up when I turn on loud music. Sometimes, I purposely sing loudly just to annoy her. She usually just throws something at me signaling to shut up or she would actually get up and threaten me to cut the cords to the speakers. The first time I didn’t believe her, daring her to do it. She did it without any hesitation and went back to sleep like nothing happened after glaring at me for daring her. Even though she pisses me off every time, she gives me these feelings, like funny feelings because she entertains me somehow. She doesn’t like to say much to me, neither do I like to say much to her so we either argue or we just give each other cold glares. I know she hates me, but she’s like a toy I play around with. I also have a very hard time reading her because she is obviously not an ordinary girl. She’s a mystery and I like it.

When I turned around the knob, the door wouldn’t open. It was locked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, why the hell would she lock it? I tried turning it around even more, hoping for it to magically open but it didn't of course.
You idiot Sam!

I went downstairs in anger to get the spare key in the janitor closet. I grunted while walking up again in irritation for having to do this after a tiresome day 3 a.m in the morning I was pissed because this girl is acting like she's been living here since forever, doing whatever the hell she wants.

I walked in with heavy steps and threw my bag to the right and was about to take off my clothes when I noticed she wasn’t sleeping on the couch. I quickly looked to the left where my bed is and there she was, lying sprawled in my bed making my eyebrows jump in surprise.