32: Flash

Sam’s POV.

”So..” I said and stared awkwardly at my feet. Everyone around me were hugging each other out of joy and I wanted to say something nice to Kai for a change but nothing came out. He smiled at me before embracing me. I felt his sharp chin rest on my shoulders and I flinched automatically. I got shocked from his sudden action and was about to push him off when I saw something that caught my attention.

Yihyun was fighting with one of the security guards for trying to get in backstage. An idea popped in my evil mind and I smirked in joy. I caught her eyes and she stopped arguing with the guard when she locked eyes with me. Kai wasn’t about to let go of me soon so I hugged him tighter, only to piss her off. I grinned and made eye-smile on purpose before her jaw dropped while she looked at the two of us with wide eyes. I could tell she was at loss before she started arguing with the guards and pointing at me. I stuck out my tongue which ticked her off even more and she cried out of frustration. The security guard escorted her out when I finally noticed that Kai was actually talking to me but I only heard that he wouldn’t tell on me. I snorted loudly.

“Yeah, right.” I said and rolled my eyes before putting my palms on his chest and carefully pushing him away.

“I wouldn’t. Trust me,” he said while he stared at me. There was something in his eyes, maybe the glint that made me feel safe. His answer seemed so sincere that I believed him. For once.

“I missed you,” I accidently blurted out. I widened my eyes at the same time as Kai when I realized that I was thinking out loud. I could see Kai’s jaw drop a bit before he squeezed his jaw shut. He froze for a few seconds and I looked at his facial features to avoid eye contact.

“Are you bluffing?” he said and raised an eyebrow. His eyes screamed out of curiosity while he looked at me with a small grin. I walked backwards while looking at him and shrugged innocently before he smirked from my playful answer.

“I guess we’ll never know!”

-

I stirred around in my sleep as the sunshine fell on my eyes. I stretched my arms in the bed while yawning out loud on purpose. I heard an annoying buzz sound in my ears as a sign that I stood too close to the speakers yesterday. It kind of hurt but I ignored it.

I sat up and started scratching my neck before looking down on the floor next to me thinking that Hana was still there but I just remembered she went home last night.

I got out of the bed before rubbing my eyes and prepared for the day. When I was done, I noticed the house was too quiet. On normal days me and Kai’s’s bickering could be heard or Mrs. Kim’s laughter from the kitchen when she’s talking to her maids. I thought she was unusually close to them. Normal maids wouldn’t even talk casually to their bosses because their too mean but you guess Mrs. Kim is too kind to behave like a jerk. I started to compare Kai and Mrs. Kim’s personalities and shook my head out of the absurdity while walking to the bedroom.

-

It was dead quiet in the house. Kai was in China for the Chinese showcase, Mr. Kim is working of course and Mrs. Kim was out somewhere. She had left me a note on the counter in the kitchen saying that the maids had prepared food. Apparently they went out with her too. So I have the whole house to myself? I smiled out of joy because it was a long time ago since that happened. Hunter would always be at home even if he didn’t have too. He would always annoy me somehow even if it meant getting punches from me. After thinking for a while I started missing that face of him that everybody says looks like mine, but male version.

I decided to explore the Kim residence more when I realized I haven’t seen it all. It was hard to do so when people were at home because I fear of encountering someone alone in the house.