36: Reality

The head maid yelled something from the hallway that made me come back to reality. “You’re late for school!”

I flew out of the bed and quickly realized that I slept with yesterday’s clothes.

Why do I always oversleep? I scolded myself for being so absentminded and forgetful while walking around in between the bathroom and my room, preparing for the day.

-

“Later!” I tried to shout to the head maid with a sandwich in my mouth. She made me eat it and started talking about how important breakfast is so I took it because it reminded me of my mother.

My hair was still tousled but I didn’t have time to brush it so I just walked out, carefree. As usual, Myungsoo was waiting for me outside while leaning against his bike, not caring the fact that he was going to be late because of me.

“Good morning!” he said brightly while I shuffled with my books and bag.

“Morning,” I muffled through the pieces of bread from my mouth. He smiled before helping me and sitting on his bike.

“Ready?”

“Go.”

-

“Kai oppa is super handsome!”

“Did you see the face he made when he danced?! Hot!”

“He’s so cute yet charismatic!”

Ugh. I rolled my eyes while I walked by a gang of fan girls squealing over EXO’s debut stage. Since Kai was the most well-known here, everyone talked about him the most. Giggling and squealing over his overall performance and good looks, I almost barfed while walking past them.

“Are you still under denial over the fact that he’s good looking?” Minji asked me while holding on to her books against her chest. I scowled at her before answering.

“It's not denial,” I said before I heard Hyeri laughing. She fixed her hair at the same time while playing with her pencil.

“Liar!” she half yelled and I rolled my eyes while ignoring her. “You’ve been living with him for a little bit more than a month, you have got to think he was handsome at one point,”

My face flushed red and they seemed to notice when I thought about his confession in the pool. I awkwardly started to cough, trying to change the subject but Sarang saved me when she waved to me. Being so lucky and always being saved by the bell, I waved back with a grin.

She said goodbye to her friends before darting over to me and the duo.

I decided to eat lunch with them instead of Myungsoo this time and he frowned when I told him. He patted my head while telling me that he was happy that I’ve made new friends this summer. I only slapped his hand away and fixed my hair while he grinned at me for being so cute.

“A few days left and we’re free!” Sarang breathed out while she slammed her plate of food on the table before sitting down. Minji and Hyeri followed right after. I sat next to Hyeri while Sarang sat in front of me next to Minji.

“I’m seriously sick and tired of this. Are you done with the homework we got from ms. Ahn?” I asked Sarang. She looked at me with her usual wide eyes and nodded her head. I grunted in frustration for lagging behind.

“You’re not done?” You shook your head. “It’s due in a few days!”

“I know, I’m screwed.”

Minji joined the conversation while jabbing her straw in her juice box. “Kai is smart, he can help you, I’m sure.”

I rolled my eyes while looking at the food, “He’s useless.”