04 | Zayn

04 - Morning jogs

Zayn laughed softly as him and Liam stepped out of the elevator, heading towards the brunettes apartment while still carrying the grocery bags.

"Thank you again for helping me with the bags Zayn" Liam smiled up at him once she got out her keys as they arrived in front of her door, looking up at him.

"It was no problem love, really" Zayn replied with a kind smile. "You want me to help you bring them inside?"

"No no, I can handle it myself from here now. You should better get going and help snowflake" The twenty four year old chuckled softly, taking the bass from his hands. "I guess I'll see you around then" She smiled up at him.

"Yeah" The dark haired man nodded and returned the smile again, saying his goodbye before heading towards his door.

He glanced back at Liam who was unlocking the door, quickly glancing at him. He spotted a blush on her cheeks, making him chuckle softly at that once she was quick to disappear in her own apartment.

Zayn bit his lip and smiled, unlocking his own door. He stepped inside and dropped his duffle bag on the floor beside the door. He smiled when he heard a small meow from his pocket and quickly got out snowflake, carrying her into the kitchen area.

"Welcome to your new home snowflake" He said softly and got a bowl from the cabinet once he placed the kitten on the counter, getting a packet of milk he bought earlier this morning. He poured a little into the bowl, mixing it with water and warming it up in the microwave before pushing it in front of her.

The kitten leaned her head over the bowl and started drinking the milk, pouring when Zayn started letting her. Her fluffy tail was swaying from side to side, enjoying the love that was given to her.

The man smiled softly and rested his chin on his palm, his mind drifting to the beautiful brunette he met today as he stared at the small kitten.

The way her eyes sparkled and crinkled when she laughed, the way her lips broke into a sweet smile, her voice so soft, he could listen to it all day. Her long wavy hair dangling off her shoulders and her skin which looked so smooth while being covered with tattoos.

Honestly, he has never seen such a beautiful young woman in his whole life. He knew it was only one day but he also knew there was a connection between them and that she felt it too.

Does love at first sight exist?

He asked himself that question ever since he helped Liam with the groceries at the subway station. But he'd always shook his head at that.

He glanced back at snowflake who was already done with the milk, meowing and purring as she cuddled herself into his chest, her tail swaying around.

Zayn smiled and picked her up gently, carrying her to the lounging area and sat her down with him. "Looks like you already like me huh?" He chuckled softly and ran his fingers through her soft fur.

Snowflake just meowed and made herself comfortable on his lap, curling up into a small ball.

****

The next morning, Zayn woke up on the couch all cramped up while snowflake was sprawled all over him, looking comfortable as can be.

He groaned at the sharp pain in his neck, rubbing at the spot before rubbing at his eyes, looking down at the kitten. He chuckled lowly and picked her up, hissing slightly when he felt her claws dig into his chest.

"I know you're a cuddler snowflake but not the time" he huffed and sighed in relief once he got her off, receiving a cute sound of protest and bright blue eyes looking up at him.

"Sorry kitten" He said softly and placed her beside him before standing up, checking the time on his phone. Five thirty am. He sighed and looked out the windows to see the sun was slowly rising, a few grey clouds in the way.

He yawned softly and headed upstairs to his room, deciding to go for a morning jog and explore the city a little. He changed into a pair of dark sweats, a white tee, a black hood and a dark beanie.

He stretched his sore limps, walking back down the stairs after he got his headphones, getting his IPod from the counter.

"I'll be back soon snowflake, don't make any damage please" He chuckled lowly and petted her head gently before heading out the door after putting on his music.

****

An hour and a half later he arrived at Central Park, breathlessly from all the running he had done. His forehead was glistening with sweat which ran down his neck, the cool air that was blowing through the city hitting his hot skin.

He sighed softly and jogged towards a wooden bench where he spotted a familiar brunette stretching herself. He narrowed his eyebrows and finally noticing it was Liam.

He licked his lips, his eyes raking her body slowly. She was wearing tight bike pants along with a pink crop top that was fitting her curves perfectly, her long hair tied into a high ponytail. And damn did she look good.

The man bit his lip and jogged towards her, stopping beside her to stretch as well. "Fancy meeting you here on this fine morning" He said, accent deep as he glanced at the brunette.

Liam looked up and chuckled before humming. She stood up straight, fixing her ponytail. "Small city I presume" she grinned up at him, tilting her head as she watched him stretch.

Zayn chuckled lowly at that and noticed her eyes fixed on his lower body, making him bite his lip to hide his grin. "Maybe"

"So I'm guessing you're a morning person?" He asked her before he started jogging through the park with her.

"Sometimes" Liam answered with a giggle, starring ahead. "What about you?"

"Nah not really, but I guess today was an exception" Zayn replied, chuckling.

"Ohh so you like sleeping in huh?"

"Love sleeping in" The man grinned, licking his lips once more. "The bed is just too comfortable to leave it behind"

"True" The brunette chuckled. "I love my bed too but since I always have an early shift, I can't sleep in, well except on the weekend and Monday's"

"Where do you work?"

"I work in a diner, near time squares" She answered his question, Zayn turning around and started jogging backwards so he was facing the young lady.

"So you're a waitress?" He asked, looking at her. Liam nodded and blushed a little, biting her lip.

"That's cute" Zayn chuckled with a grin. "Cute? Is that the best you could come up with?" Liam asked, raising one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows.

"Mm I think so" The British man grinned cheekily at her, earning an eye roll. "You're an idiot" She mumbled, Zayn clutching his heart. "Ouch" he fake sniffled, laughing when he received a playful slap on the chest.

"You up for a small race?" He suddenly asked, wanting to light up the mood a bit. "Loser buys the coffee"

Liam looked at him with a grin. "You're on" And with that, she started running faster, not even giving the man a chance to turn around.