47 | Zayn

47 - Subway train art

Zayn stared at the small orange pill box that was in his hand, his lip stuck between his teeth. He knew his depression was growing stronger, making him get weaker, but he was still fighting. No matter how hard he tried. He still wanted to get his story set out there. Wanting to tell them his answer to love. The true meaning of it.

He sighed softly and placed the box aside on the nightstand before pushing himself up, grabbing Watson leash and collar from the dresser while slipping into his sneakers. Is was time for him to get back out and have some fresh air again.

"Watson." He whistled for the Great Dane when he jogged down the stairs, rubbing at his thick beard before kneeling down, smiling softly as the huge dog jumped out of his basket and ran towards his owner.

He sat down like a good boy, his tail waddling from side to side excitingly as he spotted the leash, Zayn chuckling. "Such a good boy." The British man praised him and smiled fondly, putting on his collar and the leash.

He grabbed his keys and slipped into his jacket before leaving the apartment with the Great Dane. He used the stairs since they were faster, walking out of the building with Watson.

The fresh cold breeze blew against his face as the man made his way down the busy pavement, looking around the place. He had a tight grip on Watson leash since he knew how much he liked to run off. He looked down at the huge dog who was excitingly trying to get free and sniff every stranger, dog or tree that came his way. He may be old but his mind was still the mind of a puppy.

The dark haired lad chuckled softly at that and pulled him towards the train station deciding to explore the different areas of New York him and Liam visited through out the years. He took a seat on one of the benches while Watson laid down beside him, already breathing heavily due to his excitement.

The man looked around and licked his lips, tugging his freezing hands into his jacket pockets to keep them warm. It didn't take long until the train finally arrived, his breath hitching when his eyes landed on a oddly familiar graffiti art on the train. His lips curled into a wide smile when he realized that it was the graffiti Liam and Zayn did on their first date, when they almost got caught by two police officers.

He stood up and chuckled to himself, fighting back the tears that were edging to roll down his cheeks, gently taking Watson with him as they got into the train.

Zayn found an empty spot and sat down, allowing his dog to stay between his legs since Watson wasn't a big fan of subway rides. But he still wanted to go with his owner. He could still sense how heartbroken he was and he didn't want him to go through the city alone. Especially in this kind of state.

The dark haired man stared out the window and watched as the buildings passed by, the train cart soon disappearing in a tunnel. He sighed softly and scratched behind Watsons ear while he had his head resting on one of his legs.

He looked around, watching some of the civilians that were riding along. He smiled softly and turned his head to look back out the window, humming softly to himself.

For some odd reason, he could feel a presence beside him. He knew there was no one sitting beside him, but he had a feeling it was someone he was close to.

****

Short but the ending is nearing guys. Three more chapters to go until the story is over 😭