55.

Emma's P.O.V

"You know, you are the best sister I could ever wish for." Ella says.

I have tears in my eyes. "I love you so much Ella... Thank you for being my sister."

"I love you too Emma. I'm glad I spent my whole life with you by my side. I couldn't have it in any other way... You bring out the best in me, you bring out the best in other people..."

I give Ella a very thight hug. "Thank you for everything."

"It's been a week now. A week since Ella told me she had cancer and she couldn't fight against it. When she told me, my world fell apart. It meant I would lose my best friend, my sister and my better part. We've been together since forever. Everything we've been through, we've been through together. All we had was each other, and we were totally okay with that. We didn't need anyone else, it was just the two of us."

"Emma? Can I ask you something?" Ella asks.

I nod. "Of course! Anything you want..."

"Can you please look out after Calum when I'm gone? I don't know if he can handle all of this..." She asks.

I nod. But to be honest, I don't even know if I can handle this.

And like Ella can read my mind: "Emma, you can handle this. I know you can handle it. You are so strong. Just hold onto that. If something might happen to Calum, and he can't take care of Matilda anymore, I want you to take care of her. If Calum doesn't let you, tell him I said this to you..."

"How Ella and I met our boyfriends, was very complicated, but I wouldn't want to have it in any other way... We met them when we were in high school, before we were sent to America. When Calum bumped into us, literally, Ella was already in love. She couldn't stop talking about him and he looked at her like he never had seen something so beautiful like her."

I smile when I think back at the time when we met Calum for the first time.

"When we were sent to America, Ella had a hard time to forget about Calum. Well, truth is, she never forgot about him. Years later, we went to a concert of a band, called 5 Seconds Of Summer. Well, little did we know that our high school crushes were in that band... And I have never seen Ella this happy before in her life then when she is with Calum. And I'm so happy that they have a baby. A baby who has the dna of two beautiful human beings."

"Hi honey, are you ready to go?" Luke asks while he walks in.

"Yeah, please wait a minute." I say while drying my tears.

"Come here." Luke says and he opens his arms.

My lip starts shaking and I cuddle up against him. He wraps his arms around me and he holds me thight.

"When Luke came to me this morning, all I wanted to do was disappear. I'm not ready for this. I don't want to do this. Because it means I have to face the truth. I always thought that facing something is the hardest thing to do in life..."

I look at my new tattoo I have put a couple of days ago.

"But now that I am standing here makes me realise that accepting the truth is the hardest thing to do. And I just don't want to accept it. I don't want to accept that my kids will never have an aunt. I don't want to accept that I am the only one who will grow old. I don't want to accept that I am the only one who actually had a chance to live."

I clear my throat.

"I don't want to accept that Ella is dead."

(The date is different of course)