60.

Luke's P.O.V

I sigh. Emma doesn't understand what I am trying to say.

"You don't get it. I know guys like him, and guys like him always gets what they want, and in this case, it's you." I say.

"What if he is a guy like that." Emma says. "I'm not saying he is, but what if he is... You know I don't like boys who think they can control everything. I hate that kind of guys..."

"Yes I know. That's why I am telling you this. That's the problem, I don't trust this guy..."

"No, you know what the problem is? You don't trust me. Stefan hasn't got anything to do with any of this. Leave him out. This is our relationship!" She yells a bit.

"No honey, of course I trust you... What else should I do? You're my girl."

"Well, if you really trust me, you would leave Stefan out of this."

"You just don't get it, do you?" I say.

"I think you should go." She says.

"See, this is exactly what I meant. Stefan is coming between us right now..."

"Like I said, Stefan is not the one who will come between us. That's you Luke."

"Why is it me?! I'm the one who is trying to save this relationship. I don't see you doing it. You are only defending Stefan..." I start getting mad.

"I'm not." She whispers, because I know she hates me being mad.

"You know what? Stefan won. I'm done with this." I say.

"You give up on me? Was it this easy?" Tears are blinking in her eyes. "Am I this easy to give up on?"

"No, I still love you, so much. But I just can't do this. It's him or me... Your choice." I pull one eyebrow up, waiting for an answer.

She doesn't say anything.

And I know she choose him.

I slowly shake my head. "I already thought so." And then I turn around and walk to the door.

"No please, don't walk away from me! Please don't Luke." She starts crying. "I can't live without you, and you know it."

I look at her. "I'm really sorry."

"No please. Let's work this out. You can't give up on me this easy."

"Emma. Stop. This won't change anything. You made your choice. Whatever you are gonna say now, it won't change. I'm gonna walk out of that door, and leave this behind. I'm done with it."

She stays quiet for a while. Her tears have stopped and I see her turning angrier with the moment.

"You know you're making a mistake, right?" I say very calm.

"No, I'm not. I gave you a chance, and you blew it." I open the door and I go outside.

She walks to the door and before I walk away, she starts talking.

"How can you possibly think I would cheat on you... How could I cheat on you, while you were the one who showed me what real love was after Jason cheated on me." She says.

And I know she is right.

How could I have been so stupid, of course she wouldn't cheat on me, because of what Jason did.

"I am so sorry." I say, being ashamed of everything I said today. "I am really sorry. I don't know what was wrong with me. Of course you wouldn't cheat on me. I am so sorry Emma..."

"You know this sounds really lame, don't you?" She says with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, but now I am done with it."

I look at my feet.

"I don't want to see you anymore Luke. I am sorry, but I can't do it. I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me..."

"Please, give me one more chance!" I beg.

"You wanna know what Stefan is, and you're not?" She says

Does this mean she is gonna go to him now? That she wanna be with him?

I shake my head. "What?"

"Gay." She says and she closes the door.