Chapter 1

Normani's Point Of View

"Mani! Mani! Normani, get in here!" Dinah called. I groaned and got out o my bunk. I walked downstairs the bus and walked in the kitchen. I sat in the black leather seat facing her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Twenty One Savage is on The Fader cover." She said.

"And?" I asked confused. The blonde turned her phone towards me. He was shirtless with his jeans sagging to show his red boxers. I looked beside him.
Y/N was standing there with black jeans and a red hoodie. I screamed and covered my mouth.

"I didn't know if she was gonna be in there or not, but she is." Dinah said. "Okay, only read me the parts with Y/N in them." I said. Dinah rolled her eyes and sat back.

"Y/N, Savage's best friend since diapers, turns her hat backwards. She fixes her glasses and turns towards Savage. 'Well, at least you don't have to go to jail now,' She says. The two would both describe themselves as bad. 'She bad as hell,' Savage says as Y/N shrugs." Dinah said before scrolling.

"I love her." I said.

"Okay, here's another one. Y/N and Savage met when they were little. When asked about how different their lives are they both laughed. 'Well you see she talk like she grew up in the suburbs or some shit. And you see what she got on. We different religions, different races, different everything, shit,' Savage says looking between me and the young girl. Y/N looks down at her outfit. She has on denim overalls, a long sleeved white Supreme shirt, black Vans, and sunglasses no one can see through. 'We aren't really different. I mean, on the outside, but personality wise we're like the same person,' Y/N says as she plays with the Rolex on her arm. 'I agree with that. She weird but she meaner than me,' Savage says looking at her. He admits to being very protective of her. Okay, I'm skipping." Dinah said.

"Give me the link to this." I said.

"Wait. Here's some more. Y/N had always wanted to be famous. She had to get it one way or another, so when she got the opportunity to act in the box office hit 'With You' starting her and Ansel Elgort which grossed over two hundred million its first weekend. After that, she started to record he own music. Her first single and album made it to the number one spot on the Billboard top ten. The fame didn't stop her from being where she came from. That included being in the street. On Savage's twenty first birthday, they were shot ten times all together." Dinah said.

"I don't want to hear about it. Actually, I do. I do. Tell me what I already know." I said.

"Savage doesn't like to talk about he situation, so when he goes away Y/N pulls me aside. 'I can tell you what happened. It's nothing too bad. It was a drug deal that went bad. They tried to rob us. They shot him in his leg, his arm, his collar bone, and his neck. They shot me in my chest, my neck, my arm, and my leg. Johnny and Larry were in the car, and so was Larry's mom. All three of them died. Lil Man grabbed his gun and started shooting back. I was the first one to get out of the car, and I shot back. I got one of them in the stomach, I think,' She told me. She looks back at Savage, and he looks at her. They don't smile, but they never do." Dinah said.

"She's such a badass." I said smiling.

"This is when they met. Y/N was only four months when she first met four year old Shayaa or Lil Man as he's known by his close friends and family. Savage would always have to babysit the young girl and the two clicked. Y/N was a tough girl who was just as dangerous as Savage. 'I'd be scared of her if we weren't best friends. I'm tellin' the truth,' Savage says. 'I'd be scared of him. He has no feelings. Well he does a little. I don't,' Y/N says. Y/N and Savage grew up together and always had each other's back. When Savage was sent to Dekalb Regional Youth Development Center, Y/N visited him everyday. The two both got into guns, robbery, drugs at the same time." Dinah read to me.