Chapter 11

Your Point of View

"Mateo come here." I said. He walked over to me slowly. "Do you feel okay?"

"No. Do I look okay to you? That was a dumbass question." He said. I touched his arm and pressed down hard before pulling back. "Bitch, I'll punch you in ya mouth." Mateo said. A bruise appeared on his arm.

"You bruise easily." I said.

"Yeah, my fucking body hates me. What's new?" He said.

"How did people like your haircut?" I asked. He yawned.

"I didn't go to school." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I couldn't. I was too tired. I still am." He said. I looked at him.

"You know I really like you, right?" I asked.

"I'd fucking hope so. You know we're brother and sister, right?" He said. I looked at him.

"Just...just live, pimp." I said. "Promise me."

"Yeah. I promise. Let me go to sleep now." He said. I nodded, and he walked up to his room. Normani walked downstairs. She grabbed my face and kissed me. I kissed back and pulled away.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Hormones." She said.

"Amazing." I said. I kissed her and put her on the couch. I laid her down, and the doorbell rang. Her eyebrow was raised.

"Somebody better be dying." She said. I stood up and walked to the door. Logan picked me up by my shirt. I screamed.

"Lil Man!" I shouted.

"Don't call out for him. Why did Norah come home crying?!" He shouted.

"I don't know. Do I look like I know everything Norah thinks?" I said. He slammed me on the ground, and I screamed again.

"I'm not playing with you. I know Ace was looking for you, so I know you'll be dead in about two months." Logan said.

"What?!" Normani shouted.

"It's nothing, babe." I said.

"Ace looking for you?! Bitch, what tux should I wear to your funeral?" Lil Man said.

"He sent his goons to me twice. I'll be fine." I said. Logan punched me. I grabbed my face.

"I don't give a damn who he sent. I want to know why Norah was crying." He said.

"Maybe because I found out why you really moved you asshole." I said. His eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to barge in like that." He said. Logan dusted me off. He walked out of my house and shut the door.

"Okay, back to Ace. When did he start looking for you?" Lil Man said.

"Who is Ace looking for?" My mom said coming down the stairs. Lil Man looked at me and pointed his fingers like a gun. "What the fuck did you do?!" She said hitting me.

"Nothing. Nothing. It's not a big deal." I said.

"That's like saying Pearl Harbor wasn't a big deal. Do you know what happened after Pearl Harbor? World War II." Mom said.

"It's not a war. It's like a me against him and his little crew." I said.

"You're by yourself! Lil Man, help her." Mom said.

"No. I'm not tryna die. I'll cheer you on." Lil Man said.

"What is going on?" Normani asked.

"Baby, it's nothing to worry about. There's just this guy named Ace that doesn't like me." I said. Anderson ran downstairs.