Chapter 36

Your Point of View

"I can not believe that I promised God I would come here." I said. The twins were with my mom's mom for the time while we were here. I walked in the church with Channing, Anderson, Dinah and Normani.

We walked down the isle, and everyone turned towards us. The children's choir stopped singing. "What is it?" She asked. They pointed behind her. She turned around, and her jaw dropped.

"Hey, Ron Ron." I said. The tall girl walked off of the stage. She flipped her long black hair over her shoulder and her brown eyes looked at me.

"Is Y/N Carter really here?" She asked. I hugged her, and she hugged back. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I said. She let go and looked at everyone.

"Anderson, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you!" She said.

"And you are still fine, girl." He said. She laughed and showed off her dimples. I smiled.

"Oh, you smile now?" She asked.

"It's a thing I'm trying." I said.

"Well it looks adorable on you." She said.

"Awe, thanks." I said. Normani coughed. "Ron Ron, this is Dinah, you know Anderson, my son Channing, and my wife Normani."

She shook their hands. "You're are incredibly lucky to be married to this one." Veronica said.

"I know I am." Normani said smiling at me. Pastor Williams walked out.

"Daddy, looks who's here!" Veronica said. He looked at me and raced over me. He picked me up and swung me around.

"I can't believe it's really you. We missed so much." He said.

"I missed you guys too." I said.

"Please tell me you'll be playing the keyboard for us today. Please, Y/N." He said.

"I didn't plan on it, but I guess I could. I don't really play anymore." I said.

"Oh please. You're the best I've ever seen, and you and Veronica were absolutely the best duo when it came to singing. No one can keep up with her. By no one I mean Sayvion. The boy plays like he has arthritis." Pastor Williams said.

"I guess I could." I said.

"Sayvion, you're back to usher." Pastor Williams said.

"You're letting a sinner do my work? Man, this why I skip coming some Sundays." He said. I hugged Channing before walking on the stage. After everyone piled in, he handed me a mic.

"Y/N has been gone for years, and today she came to pay us a visit. Isn't God good?" He said. Everyone said Amen. "How about you sing us a song?"

"I haven't sang since I was mute for months." I said.

"You'll be fine." He said. I looked at the audience. Normani sat on the edge of her seat. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"I'll go if I have to go by myself." I said. A few people clapped or said something about the lord. "I'll go if I have to go by myself."

"My mother don't go, and my father don't go, my sister don't go, and my brother don't go. I'll go lord I'll go if I have to go by myself." I sang. Everybody clapped.

"That's my granddaughter!" Grandma shouted.

"And for my new members of you think she can sing wait until she plays the piano." Pastor Williams. I sat down at the keys.